Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: What products or techniques are over for you?        (Topic#1592927)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

This year I got sick of eyelets. I realized I wasn't using them anymore, not going to use them anymore and now hundreds, maybe thousands were donated to a high school art department. I have a serious 5 year collection but I just don't use them anymore.

Pink Spoonbill
Diva
Pink Spoonbill
In response to Henri Jean

I have stickers from the 90's (when we used them like crazy). I hate them now. Wish I could come up with a way to use them.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Pink Spoonbill

I feel the same way about both of those. I never could figure out how to use the eyelets, stickers and rub-ons. I also use to use buttons and ribbon a lot but hardly ever now.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to olleharr

I never use eyelets or that cropidial that I just had to have. I am sooo over staples with that big EK Success stapler. Buttons are also history. I still use a lot of ribbon. I quit using my shape cutters after I had a cricut. I NEEEEED to purge. But, what if I want it again ?

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to Grammy24

I'm not sure what kind of stickers you are referring to, but if I really like a sticker I will stick it to cardstock then cut it out and then pop dot it to a layout. Just an idea...

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to ScrapAddict21

I don't have thousands or even hundreds of eyelets but they look cute in the corner of a mat with a charm hanging from it. I've seen them used a lot on atcs. I actually have an example in my gallery.

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21

Come Fly With Me ATC By ScrapAddict21

I used eyelets here to attach the vellum cloud to the paper since I can't stand vellum tape because you can see it through the vellum

bonprof
Guru
bonprof

I have a few stickers left that i layer with other embellies,but i just gave a huge bag of them to the girl scouts. They always need crafty stuff. The stickers i have are part of a collection of some sort.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

I forgot that I used to hold velum down with eyelets and it worked well! Now I use my oxyron for that - the 5" wide usually works and it puts down velum and is undetectable.

But - the eyelets are still pretty the way you used them! Never thought of using them to hang charms too!

I often put my velum down with the oxyron when I use it for journaling but then I make some kind of frame to hide the edges of the velum if I use them for journaling blocks. However, with the way you used the velum for clouds that isn't necessary - they are lovely like that!

Thank you for the example!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to bonprof

There's really nothing that I would say "I'll never use that again." My stash includes stuff from the past 12 years and the "old" stuff that I haven't really used for years is starting to appeal to me again and has been showing up on my lo's a lot.

However, Stickles and Flower Soft I just can't seem to use lately. I also haven't used my Gypsy or Cricut in a few years. I will keep them in my stash, though, with the thought that they'll make their way back onto pages...unless my dd uses up all my Stickles before the mood hits me again.

I definitely agree that if you really don't want certain things in your stash anymore, please contact your local schools and ask if the art teachers would like to have them. When I cleaned out my craft room, I took a lot of stuff to the school and they were more than thrilled with my unwanted tools and supplies.

My dd's art teacher has been asking for scrapbooking supplies all year long. They are doing art journals, using old hardback books as the journal (we had to go to the thrift store to find those for dd..dh would not have been happy if I'd grabbed a hardback from our house. ) Even though I didn't really have anything in my stash that I really felt I'd "never use again." I knew I had more stuff than I could ever possibly use, so I went through and thinned down the herd a little and the teacher was so happy. One thing she was asking for was sb paper scraps, boy did that make me happy to get rid of a lot of my huge stash of scraps and I didn't have to feel guilty about throwing away paper I had spent good money to buy.

bbarthej
Veteran
bbarthej

I have a few to add to the list. For me it's brads, buttons, ribbon and the copic markers. I'm not ready to give them away yet, just in case I get the urge to use them again. But I do like the idea of giving them to the Girl Scouts.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to bbarthej

Have to agree on the stickers on cardstock and popdot, use it sometimes too. But I don't use them often nor the eyelets or stickles. Like some of you it will remain in the stash.

Edited by rockmom on 12-21-13 05:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to rockmom

I have a lot of micro-glitter and I will hang on to it, still like it just don't use it. And there are other things I don't use but will keep.

And the twinkling H2Os - never used them but not getting rid of them yet.

But the eyelets, I just wasn't using them and just know I won't use them again.

Never used my copics either - they are probably dried out.

justowen
Governor
justowen

Wait...what are twinkling H2Os?! I really have been out of the loop!

Glitter...that might be something I should give away...I've had it forever and I usually make a mess when I try to use it...which hasn't been for a long time. But, its sooooo pretty!

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21

I have larger chipboard alphas that I just don't use like the making memories kind. I also have the Cosmo Cricket ones.... just don't like them I guess.

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21

lol you guys don't want your glitter and I just recently added it to my wishlist. I have very little but I want to try Tim Holtzs new sticky embossing powder and make my own glittered images

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

H2Os are little plastic pots of water-based paint like the paints we used as kids. You use it with a wet brush.

It is almost translucent - very faint and gives a nice sparkle - which is why they are called twinkling H2Os.

At one of the crops one of the ladies had patterned paper with a butterfly. She brushed it with yellow H2Os which made the yellow more vibrant and gave it sparkle. But she said he had other products that would do the same thing for a lot less mess. I don't think they caught on in a really big way.

justowen
Governor
justowen

Oh...I hadn't heard of those...sounds kind of cool, but I have a problem with wet products that warp my paper...unless I'm doing a really distressed page, then it can be helpful.

OlesyaK.
Idol
OlesyaK.

LOL Henri with all these Ideas you'll have to buy some eyelets again)))
I'm over stickles, I think. wanted them so much last year and barely used any. Now, if Lisa Olleharr if you want to get rid of your rubons - I'll take, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE rub ons! especially the tiny printed letters, the ones you can make tiny subtitles with!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to OlesyaK.

Glitter. I only have a few jars and I love the stuff, but I hate the mess. I've only used it a few times and each time I grumble about it getting everywhere. I can say the same thing about chalks.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics