Username Post: Just testing        (Topic#1592933)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I am scanning all my scrapbooks. I started with book 2 because I came across some old pictures of Bill and me when we were teenagers. They had to be restored so I am scrapping those and put those in the front of book 1.

Books 2-6 are scanned and printed.

I still have books 7-26 to scan and make.

Okay - here is the test:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1A bt2jNo...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

It worked! Anyway, anyone curious about what I'm doing - this is it. Goal to have all 26 done by the end of next year. Just takes forever to scan each page in 4 sections.

To see it just click on the front cover of the book. I made a content page which is on the inside across from page 1 (after the title page) and it is also on the back so I can see what is in each book without having to look through them.

Somebody please let me know if I'm breaking any rules by posting this link. I'm just showing my book, not advertising or selling anything. And the books have a ton of papers and products from the store here so I think its okay.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

I just flipped through quickly, Henri, but it looks great!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

Thanks Judy - I can't believe I will have 26 of them at the end of next year. There are 5 completed and one just needs 5 more pages scanned.

Once I get a book done I'm going through the original pages, keeping the ones I love and want to keep forever and ones with travel pictures or other things on it that aren't absolute favorites, I'm not keeping them. I'll have the copy in the printed books.

Ones with family members or friends in them - I do a book of originals for each of them so eventually I'll be down to favorites originals, ones for gifts and everything else will be scanned and in these more-manageable books.

bonprof
Idol
bonprof

Really beautiful, Henri. I enjoyed looking at your book.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

Thanks Donna, as much as I've been talking about the project I'm working on I thought it would be nice that if anyone could see what I'm doing they would be able to.

Five books are completed, one just need our early dating pages which are ready to glue and I'm working on book 7. I think there are 26 so far.

However, as I do new stuff I'm scanning it so when I get to the middle of book 26 the scanning is done and I can put the books together in an hour.

bears99
Diva
bears99

Henri...you said that you scanned each page (?) or each set of two pages in 4 sections. Can you tell me in more detail how you scanned these and then put them back together into a digital scrapbook? We are thinking of doing this with some of ours and just can't get my head around how to do this! thanks in advance for your help!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bears99

Sure - my scanner is a regular letter scanner and scrapbook pages are 12 x 12 so I put a layout page in and scan one corner basically and then rotate it to the left and do that until all 4 corners have been scanned.

Then I go into photoshop and stitch the 4 pieces together. That can also be done in Autostitch which is a free download but the cheap version of photoshop (I paid under $100)does a cleaner job for me. Autostitch does not turn out as clear in my opinon.

Several people advised to not to put the layout flush with the edges and corner of the scanner bed and this is true. I leave about 1/4" between the edge of the page and the edge of the scanner bed on the two sides that touch because if you don't you can loose a hair of it when it is stitched - enough to make it look wonky.

But each set of two pages would be 8 scans.

bears99
Diva
bears99

Thanks Henri. I haven't tried it yet but it is on my goal list for this next year!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics