Username Post: Too many pages?        (Topic#1592941)
New Kid On the Block

Hey! So im in the middle of a huge project. Im putting ALL my pictures into scrapbooks. Because of all my pictures some pages are album insert pages that fit 6 photos on each side. Ive got from 1985-2001 done so far. Ive just been piling the pages up and today I thought I would start putting some of the finished pages into scrapbooks. I am using Recollections brand of scrapbook. Anyways, I put a total of 32 pages into one book.(I have post extenders in) It lays flat nicely but when standing the covers open. Is this too many pages? I need to put as many pages im each book as possible because of the amount of pages I will have.Is this hard on the spine of the book and may cause it to break? Thanks for any advice! !

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to DanielleWL

I had the same dilemma and went with 3-D ring binders which solved the problem although I don't like the way they look as much when the books are open.

All of my books seemed to have 40 pages and I hated the way the looked on the bookshelves. The "open" sides were so much wider than the spines.

It will make a big difference if you are a very dimensional scrapper with lots of flowers and embellies. Then you really have bulk and for my granddaughter's pages I have that problem because I have a lot of fun making those "girly".

I just completely changed directions on mine because I have over 2,000 scrapbook pages in 3-D ring binders which are 92-96 pages each.

Now I'm scanning them all (first 6 books done) and printing them with Shutterfly. They are turning out great - each page is a scrapbook page and some pages are just 6 photos on cardstock but that prints out beautifully.

My most very favorite pages will go in scrapbooks (I'm going back to post for my favorites because there won't be so many), mostly they will be the first page of all our trips and a few other things I really like.

Then the ones of my son's family will be in a book for them and the original ones of my granddauthers will go to them, my step-daughter's will go to her. I am even putting books together for some of my friends with the original pages.

I will be left with 26 bound books from Shutterfly and some traditional scrapbooks of my absolute favorites. So many of mine are travel and I don't needs hundreds of pages of pictures of temples and shrines in India and Indonesia and - they will be fine in printed books. The ones riding camels in Egypt and elephants in Thailand - those are special and I will keep the original pages in my own books.

But back to your question - it pretty much depends on how much you embellish your pages. If you are a flat scrapper like I usually am and the pages are mostly pictures and flat papers, you should be fine with 32 - just depends on how much you are bothered by the side of the book you open being wider than the spine. It shouldn't hurt the book - I'm not an expert and someone may correct me but I think that is okay.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Henri Jean

Thank you so much for your reply!!

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to DanielleWL

Another thought for you on the "not closing" part, did you use the chipboard pieces that come with refills in the spine area? I need to add more than what came with the refills to make mine lay flat.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrapchica

Very good point - I've added extras before too!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to scrapchica

I think you might be right about the chipboard. The spine might need to be wider, which would be remedied like Henri says with a D-ring album or adding more depth to the spine by adding chipboard pieces. This can be hard to do with post extenders even though you can get longer ones. Maybe a snapload system to replace the posts would work better?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to CrimsonMama

I started going with the 3D binders, I can pack way more LO in them.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Lauri D

The 3D's do work well if you want them all in the same book. The snapload binding system works good too with the chipboard strips but there is always a limit to how much they will hold.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics