Username Post: Thank you cards        (Topic#1592983)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-26-13 08:55 PM

I was just making a list of the thank you cards I need to send out, and I got to thinking, should I give one to my DH? I'm not sure if I'll be making handmade thank you notes or doing storebought, but I know my DH wouldn't really appreciate a handmade one as much as some other people might... in fact I don't think he would really care if I gave him one or not... he's just not into that. But I was wondering... Do you make thank you cards? Do you give thank you cards to your spouse?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

I always make hand made cards for my hubby & son & daughter. They all love them. I also buy thank yous too.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I guess you really have to know your husband to know if it is something that he would appreciate or not.

My husband is one who would not get it and it would be wasted on him.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Henri Jean

I make thank you cards when I need to send of give a thank you card, but if you mean for post-Christmas thank yous, I don't receive anything across a distance and all my exhcnages are in-person, so I don't need that specific kind.

I can't imagine I'd ever give my husband specifically a thank you card, but I do make him birthday cards sometimes and he's a fan of my paper crafting work in general. But if yours wouldn't care, then I wouldn't do it. I feel very strongly about not putting effort into handmade gifts or items for people I'm not confident will appreciate them. (There are some people in my life for whom I'm so unconfident in their appreciation that I can barely justify putting effort into finding a good purchased gift for them, either...)

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to aquabunny

Yes, I do make and send thank you cards. I agree with Henri, you have to kind of go what you know about your husband. Mine has never been much for cards. He doesn't give them either so the gesture would be lost on him.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to olleharr

Yes I make and send thank you cards. But only to people who I don't see to thank face to face. The family and DH don't get cards because they've already had a personal kiss and a hug, and get to see me wearing/eating/drinking/s crapping with their gifts.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to RedSquirrel

Rosey, there is a misplaced space in your post.

I laughed out loud!

NonnasLove
Idol
NonnasLove
In response to corrie fan

Jane, I laughed out loud, too! I thought I heard you laughing up there.

Vae, I don't make DH a thank you card. I think he would appreciate it though. Hmmmmmm....

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-27-13 05:12 PM
In response to NonnasLove

LOL that gave me a chuckle

Yup, mine would smile if he got a card and might appreciate it right at the moment, but he would forget about it within 5 minutes. I just thought it was interesting how in all these years it never really occurred to me to give him a thank you card even though I try to be good about sending them for any other gifts received.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Our pastor's wife bought a one-pound box of chocolates for Valentine's one year and put a note under each chocolate that listed a reason she loved him. The thank you note idea kind of reminded me of that.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Cool idea Henri--

Vae-- I give Tommy homemade cards because he sees me make them for everyone else and I don't want him to think I think less of him than them--SO maybe I actually do it so I feel OK with it--either way, If I make them for everyone else, I think the least I can do is make one for him.
I agree with Rosey that if I see the person and ca give them a hug/kiss ad they can see me use the item they gave me, I don't send them a thank you--

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to terrihooper

That is a good point Terri. You have to consider your husband's feelings and if he sees you making them for everyone else, then it probably is a good idea to make one for him too. Especially if he enjoys them.

Bill has bought me exactly one card since we've been married (actually only one card ever). But when he gave it to me he told me, "I bought this for you because you love cards but I don't ever want one - make me a pan of brownies instead."

So I make him brownies and he's happy. And I'm happy because I am not a card maker - I'd rather make a pan of brownies.

Edited by Henri Jean on 12-28-13 07:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

I make cards for Mac for birthday, anniversary and Valentine's day, but not for a thank you. I hate to say that I'm not as diligent at sending thank you cards as I should be.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to corrie fan

• corrie fan Said:

I laughed out loud!

Oops!
Shall I fix it? Nah...

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to RedSquirrel

• RedSquirrel Said:
  • corrie fan Said:

I laughed out loud!

Oops!
Shall I fix it? Nah...

I enjoyed the laugh. With my screen settings, the s was on a separate line otherwise I may not have noticed as I was skimming.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics