Username Post: sihouette and whose been playing?        (Topic#1593017)
Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

I got my silhouette just before Christmas and have been playing I did my first glass etching, I made the file then cut it in final then chemically etched a mirror I picked up at hobby Lobby

I just posted it in the gallery, let me know what all of you have been playing and making with your silhouette.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Sneezy1956

I made the tea light Christmas village a few weeks ago, and also made a Christmas card (in which I also used the sketch pens my Cameo came with). This past Thursday I bought a Deluze subscription on sale, so I'm looking all through the online store to find cool stuff to buy.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to aquabunny

I have the village but didn't get it made this year. I'm planning on doing it next year

New Kid On the Block

How cool. I want to do a glass etching next. I just got my cameo for Christmas, so pretty new. I had a Craft Robo before way back when, but like this way much better. I have been cutting piles and piles of stencils to use with painting. I have been doing some really unique kind of paintings after i did a painting workshop and found out I really like art. see http://www.pinterest.com/reveusetoujours/my-ar t/ And I found I could cut out some stencils cheap and save $$

OlesyaK.
Idol
OlesyaK.

I've been playing but mostly with titles and border shapes. Can't figure out when to group items and when to merge them. some things seem to work better when merged, others when grouped.
also, what goes in "my fonts" folder? it's not the actual ttf files, is it?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to OlesyaK.

The only stuff that goes in the "My Fonts" folder are fonts you buy through the Silhouette Online Store.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to aquabunny

yep that's right about fonts everything else just loads into your computer fonts and then are available for you to use.

I'm not real good with compound pass but group keeps everything together so you can use it and move it without moving stuff out of order....a lot of files you buy are grouped together and you have to ungroup them.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Here is my new playing with the silhouette

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel

Cool Jane!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to RedSquirrel

thank you!!!!

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

That is really cool! I have never tried etching. I have just been browsing the online store and picking out some dies I think I would use. I have put them on my wishlist. I am hesitant to buy any until I want to use it. I don't want a bunch of dies I don't or won't use.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

I also put this on the Cameo thread, but I know it doesn't get the viewing that this thread does~
_________________________ _________
The monthly subscriptions for downloads are currently on a 20% sale with the promo code NEWYEAR. I just renewed my premium membership ($150 downloads/mo.). I always pay by the year, so I get another discount (5%, I think). I know I have way more graphics than I reasonably need, but I always seem to find things that I have to have .

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to mrsdriver5

Idle woman like Mrs Driver said the subscriptions are on sale I bought the smallest one I trace or design a lot of my own stuff...but I would look at a subscription if you think you would use on it's a much better deal then buying stuff separately.

I think I paid $7 a month for the $25 subscription with the "NEW YEAR" code. So I get approximately 25 designs a month.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics