Username Post: Altering faux leather albums?        (Topic#1593055)
JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss

I've been wanting to start art journalling for a while but one of the things that's been holding me back is trying to decide on a size for my journal. With my scrapbooks I work in different sizes depending on the project. The thought of being confined to one size for my journal frankly makes me break out in hives. So what I've been thinking of doing is getting a 3-ring album and some of the Project Life page protectors so I can work in different sizes. I really like the Simple Stories albums but they're all leather. Are there ways that I can alter a faux leather album? Or is there another good 3-ring album that is more "alterable"? Any help/ideas would be appreciated - TIA!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to JenKoss

Sorry, I can't help with altering question, but I love your idea of different sizes!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to JenKoss

What about using the chipboard albums? I would think that would work.

Veteran
In response to gin1902

Simple stories does have some smaller albums that are more chipboard and cloth. I have not altered one yet, but I had been thinking it would be perfect for that. There are several colors. I just linked one of them.

Hope that helps.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to GAKropper

Hmmmm...I hadn't thought about chipboard. I'll have to check my LSS and see what they have. I was also thinking a cloth cover might work too...I'm pretty sure I could paint on that. Thanks for these suggestions!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to JenKoss

I have never done this but I am sure their is a way it could be done. Have you looked to see if their are any videos on you tube?

Maybe you could find a smaller album and try altering that before going to a 12x12.

Good luck I would love to see the results.

Edited by andrea m on 12-30-13 08:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to andrea m

Thanks Andrea - I never even thought of Youtube! And that's a good suggestion to start with a smaller album first and see how it actually works.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics