Username Post: Get Organized Week #28 - Pocket Page Scrapbook Supply Storage/Organization        (Topic#1593057)
Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 12-29-13 05:36 PM

I wish I'd added some information about how to store/organize Pocket Page supplies in the Get Organized Class. So I'm going to add this topic to our class forum to see what we can all share. I've seen some fun wooden storage boxes people have found while thrifting and some boxes on Etsy that people use. I currently have my items in my strawberry baskets I showed during Embellishments Week. But I'm curious in nature so I'm wondering and going to ask, if you do Pocket Page layouts or albums how do you store everything you need to work?

Note: If you're not familiar with Pocket Page scrapbooking, its a way to scrapbook that's achieved by slipping pieces of pre-printed card stock (from 3"x3," 4"x4", 3"x4" and 4"x6"), photos and journaling cards into sectioned-off page protectors. I took a class about seven years ago from Kelli Collins and Amy Totty at Scrapbooks, Etc. (now ETC.) in Mesa, AZ. They called their class Lickety Slip and it was one of the more enjoyable and quick-paced classes I've ever taken. The best thing was finishing all of the cards in class. Bazzill soon offered Lickety Slip cards and sectioned pocket page protectors. Many manufacturers in the industry now offer their own lines of cards, page protectors, coordination card stock and even albums to support the Pocket Page scrapbooker.

Tenant
In response to Jill

Well, that is a loaded question, LOL.
First, I purchased a beautiful ex large teal serving tray from HL and used smaller container to hold the PL cards, then larger containers bc I bought two more sets.

Then, packed and moved around for 3 years, then got a small room and started over I inherited a large quilt table.

The tray fit fine UNTIL I started doing other projects. So, I pulled out an unused Cropper Hopper photo holder and now everything is in there. Since there are two sides, one holds the cards and the other holds paper pads. Actually, it works well for me.

LotsToScrap
Idol
LotsToScrap
In response to claytonrk

I have a supercute little divided box (wood) that I picked up from HL. Very vintage looking which is what I like in my space for beauty and inspiration. So far it is holding all of my cards perfectly. Don't know if that will last...this will be my first year trying PL. I'm hoping to get more scrapping done than shopping this year but that has never happened before;).
Oh, I have all my embellishments grouped on binder rings and they hang on a spinning rack that I purchased when my Archivers closed a couple months ago. I can just grab a group off the rack and hit the scrapping. That is working great on traditional pages.

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 01-01-14 07:34 PM
In response to claytonrk

The tray ideas are appealing for those who like to have supplies out and easily accessible. The photo case idea works for those who like to have supplies more mobile and covered.

I found an SOS 6 compartment tray at Bed Bath and Beyond (for jewelry in a drawer or on the shelf) that holds 3x4 cards, 4x6 cards and 6x6 paper pads. There is also a long center section that can be sectioned off for cards too. It's very sturdy cardboard covered with fabric and w/o handles.
Products Referenced in This Post:
Cropper Hopper Photo Case (Discontinued)

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 01-29-14 09:13 AM
In response to Jill

I'm so excited to share a new storage/organization system coming soon to Scrapbook.com. It's from WeR Memory Keepers and is designed specifically to hold pocket page scrapbooking supplies/organization.

Check out the organizers shown below or click here to watch a quick video that shows how they work (it's the first video on the page).

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics