Welcome to the Scrap With Your Scraps Challenge for January 2014!
From the sounds of it we all have tons of scraps of paper laying around. I know I do! Lately I have been trying to come up with innovative ways to use up my scraps and am loving the results. I thought a challenge would be in order to help us all motivate each other to use up those scraps in fun ways!
This challenge is all about fun so there will be no pressure and no voting! At the end of the month random.org will pick a winner for me to send a small RAK to. We’ll have a twist every month just for fun.
There are no limits on the amount of people or entries per person for this challenge - at least for now. We will see how popular it becomes. Leave love for others if you can but don’t stress about it either. Only layouts created and uploaded between January 1st and 31st, 2014 will count towards this challenge.
Any project that you use scraps on can count for this challenge. Layouts of any size (sorry, digital won’t work for this), cards, tags, whatever! To me, a scrap is considered anything that is no longer the full size it originally came in. So if you cut a 1 inch piece off a 12x12 paper, the rest of it is a scrap in my eyes since it is no longer a full 12x12 piece. However a 6x6 piece of paper that came in the size originally is not a scrap until it has been cut into. If you cut into a full sheet of paper that particular piece is not considered a scrap. It has to be paper that was already in your scrap stash before you started that particular project. I hope that all makes sense!
Please link your projects to the thread and allow public embedding so I can update the front page. Please tell us where your scraps are and/or how they were used.
LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Go to the Share section on the right-hand side and click on ‘Link/Embed Image'.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.
ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab at the top on the left side of the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.
January’s Twist: Use at least THREE different colors of scraps on your project.
High Five By Scrapanda
FOR AN EXTRA ENTRY THIS MONTH: Show me a photo of your scraps stash as it is right now! No tidying it up! I want to see what you need to use up this year! Here is mine!
Scraps Storage By Scrapanda
First Floor, Houmas House, LA By Pink Spoonbill
1. scrap storage By JustLyn
2. christmas By Melissadam
3. love you By Melissadam
4. The Beast (Scrap Cart) By Pink Spoonbill
5. Laura Plantation, LA By Pink Spoonbill
6. scrap storage By Melissadam
7. My scrap drawer By Charris449
8. Family Tree By Charris449
9. holiday magic By Melissadam
10. Days Like This By Sewflake
11. 2 of 52: Polka Dot Afro By Stopnstare07
12. SCRAP STASH! By Stopnstare07
13. Flynn's home By AllAmy
14. 1st layout of 2014 By Bj9268
15. Scraps By Bj9268
16. My scraps By Sewflake
17. Old State Capitol, Baton Rouge, LA By Pink Spoonbill
18. Rotunda of the Old State Capitol, LA By Pink Spoonbill
19. Stockings - 1/120 By YourScrapAttack
20. charleston city market By Melissadam
21. check ups By Melissadam
22. Ninos By Boricuapr
23 My My Time Flies By JustLyn
24. Rock It Teddy Bear By Julie101
25. Whats's the Buzz By Julie101
26. Clown Card By Julie101
27. I Love U By Julie101
28. Happy Birthday By Julie101
29. Lets Celebrate By Julie101
30. just to be close to you By Melissadam
31. valentine By Melissadam
32. Blue Elbow Swamp, TX By Pink Spoonbill
33. a new year By JustLyn
34. valentine By Melissadam
35. valentine By Melissadam
36. Scraps By Sbartist
37. make some NOISE By Sbartist
38 valentine By Melissadam
39. Emmy By Lgtaylor100
40. The Family By Boricuapr
41 Museum of Political History, LA By Pink Spoonbill
42 Rice Country, LA By Pink Spoonbill
43. Unforgettable By Boricuapr
44. Informe Anual 1930 & 1931 By Boricuapr
45. Happy Anniversary By Boricuapr
46. Norita Acevedo By Boricuapr
47. Toxic House By Juansmom