Page 1 of 64 
Username Post: Closed/New Smash Book 1-2 Page Swap        (Topic#1593191)
Martica
Queen
Martica

Hurry 1 day left for sign-ups!!!! Deadline for sign-ups is the 6th of Jan.

Deadline to finish swap is March 31,2014

Hello my friends . Hope everyone is ready for my next swap. I took some time off to regroup and now I am ready for new swap. Hope all of you are interested in joining cuz I think it will be great fun.

Smash Book Page Swap..

Each of us will make a 8x10 or 8x8, please specify which size, 3-ring Smash Book cover of chipboard for our own use. It will be themed of our own choice. When you are done with cover please share here.
Where the swap comes in is, each of us will create 1 page front and back 8x10 for each participant to add to their smash book. The page has to be created in heavy cardstock paper or chipboard. It can be flat or chunky and must have an area to journal on and a pocket. You can add quotes, scriptures and sayings if you like. Please add your name/screen name somewhere on page that way we will always remember who created. I expect 100% effort and creativity. Please embellish well and be as original as possible. You will not put holes on page it will be done by the receiver. I will give each of you 7 days to complete or 1 page front and back or 2 page side by side per participant and another 3 days to go to PO to mail. You would start from the person that follows you on the list and continue in that order. Depending how many participants joining we will have a deadline date of completion.
Please be on time mailing……
Hope I covered everything. If you have a question please let me know.
I will take sign ups until Jan 6th.

Here is the weeks
Week 1/6, 1/13, 1/20, 1/27, 2/3, 2/10, 2/17, 2/24, 3/3, 3/10, 3/17, 3/24, 3/31.

When smashbook is completed with all pages please share here too.

This is a one I did awhile back.Outside cover;

Example Of Smash Book By Martica

Inside pages
Example Of Smash Book inside pages By Martica

Example Of Smash Book inside pages By Martica

Here is some ideas of themes:

Travel
Faith
Hobby
Generic
Event
etc....

Any suggestions please share with us…..

Please mail page/s to each participant.

When you sign up please include theme if any, favorite colors and styles.

1. Martica I like Shabby Chic, pastel pinks and whites. I love pages embellished with lace , pearls buttons and roses. I love vintage photos of children and couples. And I love pockets and tags. Theme love, romance I'm thinking of writing about my life with the love of my life. 1 page front and back size 8x10

2. Niki8130, No heavy chipboard please. Themes I want are anything that would be suitable for a 13 year old girl.Please do not use heavy chipboard 2 page side by side, 8x10

3. I heart Scrapping, The theme for my smash book will be "scrapping getaways" and I will use it for pics taken and memories from weekend crops.
Colors and all creativity is up to the creator. 2 page side by side

4. Bayamonesa1,the theme for my Smash Book will be Faith. I am trying to put together a selection of positive quotes and Bible verses that will be encouranging for me to read while getting my treatment for Colon Cancer. I love Earth colors and the type of cancer was Colon Cancer and the color for it is dark blue
8X10, 1 page front & back

5. Lookin4newideas,
So this book would be used to journal (hopefully) my successes, my thoughts, feelings bumps in the road, etc and help me stay focused. My theme is "Moving On" with my life. The colors I like are subdued/antiqued pinks, mauves, greens but with this I'm going to try to go edgy. Vintage goes Edgy!

6. sciberrasjjj, I like vintage shabby chic pastels. No theme just general day to day smash book. I like pink, butterflies, birds, bird cages, dress forms, lace, and flowers. 1 page front and back, 8x10

7. Euroalien, note/journal smash book - vintage or shabby chic style with feminine touch like flowers, lace, bling, tags.
8x10 , 1 page front and back

8. IlovepapillonsI would love an Angel/Cupid theme in soft pastel colors, Shabby Chic and pockets, small flowers, bling, lace, pearls, images and pretty embellies. 2 page side by side,.

9. Scrapwriter My theme is nature. I love doing pictures of sunrises/sets, trees and water. So the colors would be great for any of those. Also it would be nice (if able) to have more natural things with it (scrap of burlap, moss, that kind of fun stuff) I don't like red. 8x8, 1 page front and back

10. Lorna Lee, Theme - Friendship
I think that I would like to fill mine with pictures of special people in my life and how they have affected me. Of course all angels, butterflies, flowers and lace apply. LOL Feel free to add a favorite bible verse or quote.
1 page 8x10

11Crafty Lefty,I love vintage like vintage cameras, vintage type writers, vintage books, vintage journal paper, vintage notebook paper, vintage library cards,vintage keys, vintage buttons, mason jars, the old time look. I love love love colors though. Turquoise, pinks,purples,lavender, touches of black, cream, if you have pinterest here is the link to my vintage board and color combos board. 1 page front and back

12. Sassy Suzi I want something shabby chic, a girlfriend theme. Meeting up girlfriends I grew up with. We saw each other last year first time in 20-25 years. I think I would like to have a book based on all our reunions, plus there is our 40 year class reunion that 4 of the 6 of us were in.
2 page 8x10, but not on heavy chipboard

13. All4Ty I'd like to do a book for pictures from day-trips my DH and I take on the Harley. I'm thinking of a steampunk-type style, pages could be with or without Harley specific embellies. I would like side-by-side pages.
2 page side by side

14. Scrap Smart I would like vintage themed, no neon colors or bright yellow or orange--love eveything else. I prefer my pages to be 1 page front & back. Please personalize the backside with your name/screen name.
1 page front and back

Niki8130
Veteran
Niki8130
In response to Martica

This swap sounds fun and it is just the size that I use to scrap!!!

Can I newbie join? I promise not to flake.

I think I understand the directions if 10 people sign up each week for 10 weeks we would need to get a page out to a person on the list starting with the top person and working our way down. Is it okay to send them out early if we complete early?

Themes I want are anything that would be suitable for a 13 year old girl.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Niki8130

Niki's question is mine as well

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to scrapwriter

What kind of embellishments do you want us to use and do you want it heavily embellished or just with paper embellies.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

Would love to be a part of this one, Martica. Please sign me up.

The theme for my smash book will be "scrapping getaways" and I will use it for pics taken and memories from weekend crops that I have attended with my scrappy g'friend, Kathy.

Colors and all creativity is up to the creator and I will be grateful for whatever she comes up with!

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to i heart scrapping

The more I think about this, the more I'm in love with this idea. Thank you, Martica, for another AWESOME swap idea.

Diva
In response to i heart scrapping

If approved, I would love to participate and the theme for my Smash Book will be Faith. I am trying to put together a selection of positive quotes and Bible verses that will be encouranging for me to read while getting my treatment for Colon Cancer. I have been cancer free since January 2013 and hoping to stay that way!

Diva
In response to bayamonesa1

Just in case, I love Earth colors and the type of cancer was Colon Cancer and the color for it is dark blue.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to bayamonesa1

Thanks for the invite. I'm new to the Smash book theme, but I got a few things in the prize package on National Scrapbook Day from SB.com. I might as well put them to good use.

My theme is "Moving On" with my life. Last year, I spent nine months and a business venture, but after researching and doing my business plan and numerous hours of networking and attending business seminars, there were too many liabilities and certain credentialing needed for insurance purposes. Yesterday, I was just given the opportunity to start with my ideal job. To have my own paper line and to eventually start an online business. I met someone who works in the paper printing business. We have to work out the acid free chemical part and I have to put a business plan together and all that other stuff needed to get a business loan. This is something I can do around my back disability and enjoy!

So this book would be used to journal (hopefully) my successes, my thoughts, feelings bumps in the road, etc and help me stay focused.

The colors I like are subdued/antiqued pinks, mauves, greens but with this I'm going to try to go edgy. Vintage goes Edgy!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Lookin4newideas

And Yay!! I'm behind bayamonesa. Your story gives me incentive to start off with inspiration and creativity!

sciberrasjjj
Guru
sciberrasjjj
In response to Lookin4newideas

I would like to join this swap too! I like this idea and I think I understand what to do. My only clarification is do I make just one page per member embellished front and back or two? I think this will be a good way to use up my ample supply of paper and embellishments lol!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to sciberrasjjj

Martica I'm interested too, will it be a smash book group for each theme or all together?

I would like TRAVEL for mine.

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place
In response to sciberrasjjj

Martica,

Thanks for the invite but I just signed up for the volume layout challenge this year to get busy scrapping again. I will pass on this one, but I love your swaps and will peek in from time to time to oh and awe my way through all your pretties! Happy New Year friends. May I wish each of you the happiest, healthiest and most prosperous New Year ever! Hugs ~

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Euroalien

• Euroalien Said:
Martica I'm interested too, will it be a smash book group for each theme or all together?

I would like TRAVEL for mine.

I sort of got the impression that each person would have their own theme and each week we would do a page for one person starting with the person above us. Then each week would be working on a different theme for the next person's book. You write down what your theme is about for your Smash book and what colors you want it to be.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Dawna.s Place

Hi ladies glad you all like the idea. Let me try to answer the questions that I have been asked. I hope I don't miss any.

Ok 1. What kind of embellishments to use? I would rather not use flat stickers. But mulberry flowers, diecuts, lace/trims, bling, fabric, buttons, brads and about anything else is fine.
2. Can newbies join? Yes but please do not flake because if you do I will not let you join my future swaps. Of course if there is a ligitamate reason I will understand.
3. If there are 10 people that have joined and you are number 3 on the list, you will start with participant number 4, then 5 etc. when you get to number 10, then you continue with number 1, 2, 3 and so on. Hope I made sense.
4. How many pages? Because I don't know how many will participate, It is 1 page front and back or 2 page side by side, you choose and let me know so that I can note it next to your name. Also pick size 8x10 or 8x8.
5. Can you send earlier? Yes if you want to make more then one person's pages in one week and mail you can do so. But please don't rush I really would like you all to take time making something really special for each other. And don't be late.
6.You will start with the person below you on the list. You will have one week to create the page in the theme that the person has chosen.
I will start posting participants now.
7. I am not separating by groups.

Edited by Martica on 01-05-14 05:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

I have added everyone even the once that officially did not really say they want to join. If you are not interested please let me know and I will remove you.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Ok I added preferances to some of you who added info. If you haven't please do so.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Martica

Martica I think I got it and YES I'm in

I would like my travel to be in cheerful colors, tags, bling, flowers and so on I hope u got the picture

Hugs!

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Euroalien

Martica, I would love an Angel/Cupid theme in soft pastel colors. I am going to add photos and journal - pockets, small flowers, bling, lace, images and pretty embellies will be wonderful. This swap is a lovely idea.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

Welcome ladies love all the ideas and different themes that you all have chosen.

Page 1 of 64 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics