Username Post: PLEASE DELETE        (Topic#1593207)
crystalmorse
Guru
crystalmorse

Everytime I look through the gallery I notice how great everyones uploads look. How do you get it to look so good? Do you use a scanner?

Edited by crystalmorse on 03-02-14 07:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to crystalmorse

I have a regular scanner - I scan on all 4 corners and stitch them together. I was taking pictures and cropping but I am having much better luck with the scanner.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Henri Jean

I just take a pic of the LO, laying it flat, in natural lighting, standing directly over it. Then I use just an old, cheap editing program and crop out the background and maybe adjust the lighting if need be.

crystalmorse
Guru
crystalmorse
In response to ChansGram

I'm going to need to try something. I just don't like how they look in my gallery.

Just Nora
Idol
Just Nora

I scan my layouts in. Since I have been scrapbooking, I have been through 3 scanners, all of them Epson. The first one lasted about 8 years, the second was cheap and only lasted a couple. The one I have now wasn't too expensive but is almost like the first one I had. I love it!!

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

I scan and stitch. I have not been able to get a good pic on my own really. The scan and stitch is super easy once you try it.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to ScrappinMom4

Great question!

I usually place mine on my porch and stand over the lo and take a pic, then I just use an editing program to crop it as close to the lo as I can.

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to justowen

I don't have a scanner that's big enough to scan 12x12 LO's, do they make them that big now? I just take pics with a digital camera and if it's not raining (live in Seattle) I take pics outside in natural light. But having a semi decent camera helps. I keep losing or breaking my cameras so I just tell the guys a the store what I use it for and theyve always been good at helping me find a camera for about $100.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Lauri D

I just stand mine up next to a window and take a picture. Sunlight is the best light. Then I use the free editing program Picasa to crop it down to show just the layout, maybe adjust a little and it's done. I've tried a lot of different ways but this one seems to be the quickest and easiest with the best outcome for me.

I photograph my cards a little differently. I created a little light box that I use for those with artificial lighting. I'm able to stage them nicely that way with a coordinating background (12x12 paper).

Edited by olleharr on 01-04-14 06:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to olleharr

I also stand over the layout in natural light...then edit/crop it on my computer.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Scrapkaty

Same here. My scanner is only A4 sized and takes forever. I take a photo, then crop, enhance and resize it for uploading. I also blur out any names and personal information in journaling.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to RedSquirrel

Picmonkey is my friend,,,,,

it's free, easy to learn, and it's simply amazing.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics