Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Number of layouts/projects for 2014?        (Topic#1593283)
kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Have you set goals for how many layouts to complete in the coming year?
Do you find that it motivates you? Puts pressure on you?
Have you set goals in the past, what were they and did you accomplish them?

Wondering about setting up a goal for myself this year so that I get more done....I have a bunch of unfinished projects and am sort of 'behind' in scrapping (as in, I have a ton of older photos I have not scrapped yet but would like to).....
I was thinking of starting with a goal of 52 layouts (ie. one per week) which *I think* would force me to finish some of those projects and get more caught up....but I don't want to put pressure on myself that ends up making me not want to scrap at all!
Comments??

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to kiyawinn

I don't set specific goals of a number of layouts because I never know how much scrapping time I'll actually get in throughout the year. I don't think it would motivate me, and I don't want to put pressure on myself and make it become a chore. I probably wouldn't pay much attention to it anyway! I seem to lose interest in my goals or resolutions pretty quickly! Last year I was going to take a photo every day and put them into a Smash book. I think that lasted a week and a half!

I have set goals to finish certain projects that I have started and to start ones that I have planned. But that's about as specific as I'll get.

Have you set goals in the past? How did you do on those? You know what motivates you, so go with that. If you don't end up doing it, no big deal. It's a hobby, not a contest or a race. There's no big prize in the end! You have to do what keeps it fun.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to kiyawinn

Personally, no I don't. I had a bumper year last year after my previous "dry" year of being separated from my stash for much of it. I know I won't beat last year, especially now that some of my favourite challenges have been discontinued, so I know I'll only feel pressurised if I set myself goals. I'm just going to toddle on and have fun.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to kiyawinn

I have never set a goal like that but I should for motivation. I really don't count my layouts but I think I will start. I want to have more scraptime this year and all I have to do is JUST DO IT!!!!

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to Grammy24

That's what I need to do - JUST DO IT!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Mary W.

I don't normally set goals; I scrap because I want to--for my family, and it's a wonderful,relaxing activity for my down time. I do keep track of how much I do, mainly because I'm a numbers person, and it relates to my scrapping budget?!?!?!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to scrapperbee

I do not normally set goals. I did join the 2014 album contest here on scrapbook.com. I have never done it before and thought it might help me to get more done.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to andrea m

I have always said my goal was 100 layouts. 2013 was the first year I ever made it. Actually finished 110! It definitely motivates me to have a goal in mind. I don't always reach it but it seems like the closer I get to it the more motivated I become.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to andrea m

I usually target 100 layouts, but I don't have any goals this year - I don't know what's coming down the pipe for me to scrap. I have a few recipes to catch up on, and a few new Christmas ornaments to scrap about in my Christmas ornament album, but that's maybe 7 or 8 pages total, and I don't really have a backlog beyond that. We haven't yet made any travel plan for the year, though if we do take a vacation of 4-5 days I'm guaranteed to get 50+ pages out of it. I don't really consider goals a motivating factor, I just like to get our adventures down on a layout (occasionally on the same weekend, but usually within a month or two).

So since I don't have a layout goal, I might set to work making cards like I keep saying I'm going to. But I don't really have a lot of occasions to send cards, and I wouldn't be able to sell anything I use Silhouette shapes on (And despite my recipients always saying I should sell my stuff, I really don't think there are a lot of people willing to pay the actual cost of time and materials.)

Edited by aquabunny on 01-03-14 03:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Guru
bonprof
In response to kiyawinn

I do about 70-100 a year. I am trying to slow down and develop my designs better, but that doesn't always happen. My main goal is to never fall far behind. I am scrapping 2013 now and will soon be current.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to bonprof

I don't set goals. I have so much to do that I think it would be more stressful. Besides, I often have other projects come up that I didn't plan on and then get sidetracked on it. For instance, this year I made a baby album - 40 pages- for my daughter. I hadn't planned on that because I didn't know about the baby until Feb.

Juansmom
Pro
Juansmom
In response to idlewoman

I have never given myself a goal...it sounds too much like a resolution...which I hate...but I just joined a challenge for the year n decided I could do 10 a month...which is pretty much what I average anyway I guess. Boy I sound wishy-washy! So, goals no, challenge yes.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Juansmom

I don't set goals either. I complete events,usually chronologically and also do ATC's, cards, art journaling and other projects too. I think having a goal would feel like pressure.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to terrihooper

No goals for me either. I just do whatever/whenever I feel like it. I will just be finally getting around to starting 2011.
But I don't want to be cranking out LOs just for numbers sake, I actually want to "like" the LO I'm creating. I think if I put a number on it I would feel pressure to hurry through it.
If only I weren't so stinking picky!!

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D

I don't typically set goals for myself, but I am making a scrapbook for my brother in trade. When I finish it he's flying me to California and taking me on the set of one of my favorite tv shows he works on. This year will be the series finale so I kind of have to have a goal set to finish it by spring time so I can get down there by the time the crew gets back to work and starts filming again!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Lauri D

• Lauri D Said:
I don't typically set goals for myself, but I am making a scrapbook for my brother in trade. When I finish it he's flying me to California and taking me on the set of one of my favorite tv shows he works on. This year will be the series finale so I kind of have to have a goal set to finish it by spring time so I can get down there by the time the crew gets back to work and starts filming again!

Is it "True Blood"??? Tell me you get to meet Joe Maganiello and Alexander Skaarsgard!!!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I've thought about setting a goal of 214 (2014 minus the 0). But that sounds too ambitious.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Rosita

I was in the Scrap-a-Page a day challenge and did make 365. In fact I did 366. Just I case I made a counting error.

Forthe Volume Scrapping challenge I went with the same goal.

However this year my goal is 275 - I went lower because we will not be home so much.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Rosita

That does sound ambitious!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

My goals are to keep current with my boys' books and any vacation albums (2 a year). Other than that I don't want the pressure for a hobby.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics