Username Post: Cameo users        (Topic#1593291)
idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

I posted this in the Silhouette board but it doesn't get much activity so I am posting here also.

I can't quit making shapes on my mat. When I click on the shape icon, I get the little cross hairs. I make my shape but I can't get the cross hairs to go away. Sooo, everytime I click on my mat it starts another shape. What am I doing wrong?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to idlewoman

I've had that happen before. Then I figured out you need to hit the home icon after using the shape maker or knife or some if the other tools. The home icon is in the top bar, first one on the right set (I believe, I'm at work right now and can't double check)

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to pugs223

When you are through drawing, select the arrow tool from the top of the tool bar on the left. I've made the same mistake so many times, I've finally got it down!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to justLyn

Oh yeah, it's the arrow. It's the home icon I always hit and figure out that doesn't work

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to pugs223

Thanks so much! It worked! I have watched so many videos and NO ONE says anything about that.
Problem solved.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to idlewoman

it took me MONTHS to figure this out don't feel bad!!!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to CommaHolly

Are you using Silhouette Studio or the Designer version? My free Studio version automatically goes back to the arrow after each shape, which is mildly annoying if I want to make several and have to keep reselecting the shape icon.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to RedSquirrel UK

You can actually under preferences change so that it will go back or stay on a tool.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Sneezy1956

I never knew that. Off to look - thanks Jane!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics