Username Post: Who knew scrapbooking could be so dangerous?!        (Topic#1593385)
joshuaminh426
Resident
joshuaminh426

Last night was not a good night for me. Creatively, I was on a roll, but, boy, was I accident prone. I managed to blast spray paint into my face. I was clearing a clog and accidentally hit the nozzle. Face was covered in red paint. And then a bit later, I got a burst of inspiration and, in the process, smacked myself in the face, sending my glasses soaring across the kitchen.

I may need supervision next time I sit down to scrapbook.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to joshuaminh426

Yes, but did you have fun?!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to dwelch

Please tell me you took a picture. This would make an excellent layout!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to cindy312

That reminds me of when my purple Smooch Spritz got clogged. I was pumping the spray and pumping, and pumping - didn't realise that the nozzle was turning round slightly at every pump. When it finally worked, yup, straight in the face.

Purple Smooch Spritz does come out of clothes by the way, but my finger nails looked very gory for a few days.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to RedSquirrel

That would have made a funny lo.

There must be something going around. I usually avoid getting hurt in the scraproom, but this past weekend, I managed to jab my finger with the blade of my Fiskars paper trimmer...yes, the one that has the world's tiniest blade that is so protected it seems you'd REALLY have to TRY to get anywhere near it. Then I went to brush papers off my lo I was working on and brushed my hand right into the tip of my CutterBee scissors...crazy sharp point. Then I dropped my kraft knife and it barely avoided my foot...the blade stuck into the flooring next to my foot.

Fortunately, only minor amounts of blood were drawn in the weekend of scrapping, but my finger is still tender from the paper trimmer blade.

Expert
In response to justowen

I knew! It was 3 or 4 years ago that I sliced the tip of my thumb off with my Cutterpede trimmer blade! But at least I managed to not drip blood on the white piece of cardstock I was using...

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to HuskerMom98

• HuskerMom98 Said:
I knew! It was 3 or 4 years ago that I sliced the tip of my thumb off with my Cutterpede trimmer blade! But at least I managed to not drip blood on the white piece of cardstock I was using...

The Cutterpede? That's a rotary blade! How in the wide world did you manage that?

Oh and DH says - he's impressed.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

Pun fully intended.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

a few years ago i manged to cut mysrlf with an exacto knife. the wound wasn't serious but it made me take better care of putting the tip of the knife into it's little safty cap.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to cescrapper

Last year I managed to stab myself in the side of my index finger with my Exacto knife, and I think I must have hit a nerve. I still feel oogy in the tummy if I run my finger across that spot.
Papercrafting IS hazardous to your health, but oh so much fun!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
this past weekend, I managed to jab my finger with the blade of my Fiskars paper trimmer...yes, the one that has the world's tiniest blade that is so protected it seems you'd REALLY have to TRY to get anywhere near it.

I've jabbed myself with that one too. Ow!

Expert

• RedSquirrel Said:
  • HuskerMom98 Said:

The Cutterpede? That's a rotary blade! How in the wide world did you manage that?

Oh and DH says - he's impressed.

Why thank you! It was one of the decorative blades and I had found that if I stood up I could get better pressure so I could do the cut in one pass...apparently I wasn't paying attention to where my left hand was (that was holding the paper down...) and caught my thumb as I was cutting.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to HuskerMom98

OUCH! that hurts just thinking about it

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to Unique scrapper

LOL at the colorful faces y'all had. I managed to get hot glue on my big toe and when I went to wipe it off...well you kmow the rest. As I was hobbling to the fridge to get an ice cube I slipped and landed on my tail bone.

joshuaminh426
Resident
joshuaminh426
In response to southgirl

Now I don't feel so bad about the mishaps that happened to me. I did enjoy myself designing the layouts. Ironically, I used the spray, didn't like the way it came out, tossed it, and started over with a design I am much happier with.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I snipped off the tippy-tip of my thumb in a class taught by Becky Fleck (PageMaps). It bled and bled and bled. And bled. I was SO embarrassed.

I've also cut myself while changing the rotary blade on a Fiskars trimmer during a training session that I was conducting. Again...so embarrassed! At least my trainees learned to be careful

mommie75
Queen
mommie75
In response to Luvmyfam

Couple years ago I dropped my cutter bees they stuck into my leg deep enough to pull out white fat! I have a nice scar..then couple months later I got a new pair of fiskar siccors from the team .I was cutting paper and cut the webbing between my thumb and pointer finger...it was bad.had to have stitches and nice wrapped job for that one...other thing s I have done so minor.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
I snipped off the tippy-tip of my thumb in a class taught by Becky Fleck (PageMaps). It bled and bled and bled. And bled. I was SO embarrassed.

I've also cut myself while changing the rotary blade on a Fiskars trimmer during a training session that I was conducting. Again...so embarrassed! At least my trainees learned to be careful

You're like the shop teacher that is missing part of a finger.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to *jesse*

Oh jeez why did I read this...ugh ...squeamish at the bloody wound descriptions!! So sorry for all of you!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

That is too funny. lol But I will be honest...I have injured myself many times over the years while scrapping. I have cut myself on my Fiskars trimmer, Cut myself on the Tonic guiliotine trimmer(supposed to be safe blade) :), my fiskars mini scissors, my cutterbee scissors, my tonic Tim scissors, my paper piercer, my xacto knife,my spring loaded cutterbee tweezers, my quick pick up stick...and lots of stuff I can't remember

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics