Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Velum making a comeback?        (Topic#1593393)
DianaGail
Tenant
DianaGail

Doodlebug just posted a preview to their new line of velum. I haven't used velum in 4 years. Is it making a comeback? Not sure I can get into that tend again.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-07-14 01:44 PM
In response to DianaGail

Comeback? I didn't know it had gone away, lol - I love it, I use it a lot

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to stick

I didn't know it had gone away either, lol. I still use vellum quite often.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to chocolateaxel

Vellum was a trend? Vellum is... a thing I use often, not on every layout but definitely here and there, even got couple sheets for Christmas (the neat American Crafts one I linked below).

But if it's not something that you feel you want to use, that's okay! There's no need to feel like you have to get into something just because it's apparently become a trend.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to aquabunny

I know lots of companies still make vellum overlays. I have several by Websters pages. I don't use it much I have never found a vellum glue that I like.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to stick

• stick Said:
Comeback? I didn't know it had gone away, lol - I love it, I use it a lot

agree with what she said!

kimberlyatlga
Resident
kimberlyatlga
In response to wilbur

I love vellum. I use it a great deal. I recently uploaded (yesterday) layouts with the use of vellum.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to kimberlyatlga

I didn't know it left

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to cescrapper

I've used it but never really understood it.

slyn11
slyn11 
Resident
slyn11
In response to olleharr

It is not making a comeback for me LOL. I never liked the stuff - at least not on my pages or cards. But I have seen it more often in the past few years, though not like it was maybe 8 years ago.

DianaGail
Tenant
DianaGail
In response to slyn11

I really had no idea it is that popular. I worked at a scrapbooking store. We kept only a minimum amount and it sat on the shelves forever. No one ever even asked for it. I go to big crops 4 times a year and rarely ever see anyone use it.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to DianaGail

When I think of vellum, I think of those cheesy quote books from several years ago.... some people can do cool stuff with it, but it's just not for me. I don't see much of it in my LSS either.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to DianaGail

I like thicker vellum sheets - they are great to punch shapes from, like snowflakes for example . they look cool. but it's a challenge to find colored vellum, unless you have a stash from the old days.
DCWV still makes those vellum quote stacks, don't they? they are a bit out of fashion, with the die cutting machines and such

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-08-14 10:32 AM
In response to OlesyaK.

There's a great art supply store here, Flax, that has amazing art papers, handmade papers, all kinds of vellum (colored and patterned), card supplies, etc. And another art supply store has several different weights of vellum.

You can also get great vellums (and other marvelous papers) at specialty paper supply companies like arccrafts.com, papertemptress, and of course here at sb.com!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-08-14 10:33 AM
In response to stick

Okay, well, the search engine here for adding products to posts NEVER tells you that something is discontinued. But you get the idea

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to stick

I actually really love the vellum quote overlays - I have like five different sheets of them by Deja Views.

DianaGail
Tenant
DianaGail
In response to aquabunny

I have to admit that I do have some of the velum quote stuff left too. Lol! But I do not use it often and when I do, it's on cards I am in a hurry to get done.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to DianaGail

I like it but I've really used it...I'm uncertain how to work it into a project. I would like to though I need to study on that. I bought some of this Engraved Garden not long ago, it's so beautiful!

I notice there are no projects attached to it in the gallery Any suggestions?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by CrimsonMama on 01-08-14 11:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kimberlyatlga
Resident
kimberlyatlga
In response to CrimsonMama

It is great for typing/printing/journalin g on and I also use silhouettes underneath as well. LOVE Vellum!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 01-08-14 03:32 PM
In response to kimberlyatlga

I love vellum too. Seems I buy it pretty regularly. I love to print on it. Journaling, sentiments, whatever. I love being able to see a bit of what's underneath but still have the words pop.

I also like using it when I want a more subtle mat over dark cardstock or patterned paper.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics