Username Post: Windows 8        (Topic#1593395)
RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

Sorry. In the absence of a padded cell in my home, I needed to vent.

nanof8 
Resident
In response to RedSquirrel

I'm with you I also need to vent. Whats up. I have my adult daughter staying she goes home Friday and she has sat on her bum and done very little to help.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to RedSquirrel

• RedSquirrel Said:

Sorry. In the absence of a padded cell in my home, I needed to vent.

Wow, Rosey. You potty-mouthed, chair-throwing, raving lunatic you! Oh, wait... There's one gaah smiley and no specifics. Um, in the history of vents, I have to say this one rates about a 1.5 for details.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to gin1902

Rosey, my work computer has Windows 8 and it took me a while to figure it out. I had to Google how to even turn the thing off! I'm pretty used to it now.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to flintridgescrapper

Been there, done that. I was forced to switch to Windows 8 last year. I am very proud of myself for not heaving my laptop across the room during the transition. It was probably the steepest learning curve that I've ever experienced with an operating system. I'm pretty used to it now and have grown to like it for the most part.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-08-14 09:34 AM
In response to Luvmyfam

Haven't upgraded yet but I'm due for a new computer soon, eek!

However at work I'm on XP and the big IT project this year is to upgrade everyone to Windows 7 by April!

Memories4Ever
Idol
Memories4Ever
In response to stick

I have XP at work and Windows 7 at home....really not much of a change, and I feel the change to 7 was pretty good. Windows 8, however is a different story. My boss just upgraded to Windows 8 on her new computer and keeps asking me to "fix" it....

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Memories4Ever

Stick, we upgraded to Windows 7 at work last year. It was so seamless that I hardly noticed the change. Windows 7 was great. Windows 8 is definitely a whole other beast!

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to Luvmyfam

Just had to switch to Windows 8 in the last couple of months due to computer fail. I HATE IT!! HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!! I can't find anything I need, can't do anything I want, and I'd give anything to be able to turn it off and go "back" one Windows step. But I'm told that Windows (Microsoft) will charge you $99 for that privilege once you have W8. GAH!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics