Username Post: How far with photo editing would you go?        (Topic#1593471)
MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

I'm sitting here, reading forum posts and DS is playing video games. I was amused, and took a quick photo. Maybe I'll scrap it, but I spied enough home clutter to make me think twice.

Have you ever relied on photo editing programs to "clean" the clutter in your house?

Do you think you might, now?

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to MommaSaid

"clear the clutter in a photo in Photoshop"
I do it ALL the time. It's REALLY easy to do.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I still need to practice with the erasing tools. For now, I rely on cropping and color conversion.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to MommaSaid

I've never done it. I'm hoping that someday I'll look back with interest on the clutter. At least, that's what I tell myself! I'm Photoshop-incompetent though, so if I knew what I were doing, I might actually do some digital housecleaning once in a while.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to cindy312

You could brush in a little Gaussian blur. Just a little should help with the distractions.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to cindy312

You can but I don't and won't. I was looking through some photos from years ago only last month, and DH and I found ourselves looking right past the focal points and saying things like "oh look, your plasma ball, and that Basic First Aid book - it must have been in 1994" etc. Clutter is embarrassing now, but fascinating in years to come.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to RedSquirrel

I'm not skilled enough to clean house with my photo editing but I have definitely cropped that busy mess out of many photos.

Expert
In response to olleharr

Hmmm...on another note...I would photo edit if I could make myself a size 6 and gorgeous...ha ha

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to deedee49

I don't have PS, and can't see myself ever using or wanting it. I only ever crop and sharpen my photos.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to RedSquirrel

• RedSquirrel Said:
You can but I don't and won't. I was looking through some photos from years ago only last month, and DH and I found ourselves looking right past the focal points and saying things like "oh look, your plasma ball, and that Basic First Aid book - it must have been in 1994" etc. Clutter is embarrassing now, but fascinating in years to come.

That's a good point. I know it's not actually what you said, but it would be something like rewriting history, to erase the little things. We are cluttered people. While I do clean for company it would be a shame to hide who we are in personal albums

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to deedee49

• deedee49 Said:
Hmmm...on another note...I would photo edit if I could make myself a size 6 and gorgeous...ha ha

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to MommaSaid

If I knew how....I totally would clean my house with photo editing!!!!!! LOL!!!

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to binkiemonstermom

I frequently crop (digitally) to get rid of the clutter. Especially before posting something on Facebook. I take a lot of impromptu pictures of the kids when in the kitchen and OH! my counters are full of clutter!

Edited by Frau_Cooney on 01-13-14 08:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Isbaha
Isbaha 
Veteran
Isbaha
In response to Frau_Cooney

I always edit my photos, but mostly because I'm so bad to "frame" them, so I need to crop them before printing. I don't crop very close, though, but I like to follow the third rule, for instance.
Actually, I do with photoshop (well, I don't have photoshop but a free version with less options but... free) what you're supposed to do with your camera. That allows me to use 6*4 photos without cropping when I make a layout.

I also remove red eyes and some other minor things (white balance, more light sometimes, this kind of things).
I also put 2 or more photos on one 4*6 to save money when ordering photo print (when I want smaller photos).
But I don't remove clutter, except if I have a really great portrait (I usually never get any great portrait, lol !) with one bothering thing just above the head !
I agree that later, this will be the "little things" that you will look for, so I try to have both closer photos and not closer ones.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Isbaha

I've never thought about editing out clutter; I'm not that good with Photoshop. I like the idea though!

I am guilty of heavily editing photos of myself... ance/wrinkle removal, etc. I also do a lot of minor stuff like cropping and red eye.

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping
In response to *jesse*

I have edited out my ex-husband. Turned him into sand on the beach.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

Sometimes

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

• crazyaboutscrapping Said:
I have edited out my ex-husband. Turned him into sand on the beach.

Why oh why can't we have one of these IRL?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics