Username Post: Adding comments to gallery        (Topic#1593485)
ddcmsmom
Veteran
ddcmsmom

There are so many beautiful layouts in the gallery, and I've been trying to add comments to lots of my favorites. I'm having problems with the security codes, because sometimes, they're unreadable! I just want you all to know that I love your layouts!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to ddcmsmom

hi there! How nice of you! I'm not sure what you mean about security codes. If you are getting a security warning from your security software? I'm sure there is a way to change that. Someone on here may know or this is a question for Megan who is the SB.com site Guru! She will help you but it might be Monday.

ddcmsmom
Veteran
ddcmsmom
In response to CrimsonMama

I'm referring to the security image that we have to type with our comment, Crimsonmama. One of your layouts was one I couldn't comment on because I couldn't get the security image right!

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to ddcmsmom

I haven't commented on a layout in a while (oops!) , but I didn't remember having to enter a security code, so I just went and commented on a layout to see. I did not have to enter one. I wonder why it's asking you for one.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Mary W.

Yeah...I'm not sure what the security code is either....are you looking at the images in the Gallery?? From there you can beclick on the image of the layout or other project. When it comes up you will see any commentary the artist has made, products used if applicable, then the comments section. Type your comments in the box provided and click Enter...should be as easy as that

ddcmsmom
Veteran
ddcmsmom
In response to Mary W.

I'm wondering, too! I am signed in.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ddcmsmom

Nope, I'm not having to do a captcha before posting a gallery comment either.

I wonder if it's due to your low post-count, since in the past we've had spammers hitting people's galleries and profiles?

ddcmsmom
Veteran
ddcmsmom
In response to aquabunny

You've got a good point. If I were trying to reduce spamming, that's exactly what I'd do. Guess I need to increase my posting!

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to ddcmsmom

Were you commenting on a layout in someone's blog post (linked from sb.com, but on their outside blog)? Blog services often require the security code.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to ddcmsmom

• ddcmsmom Said:
You've got a good point. If I were trying to reduce spamming, that's exactly what I'd do. Guess I need to increase my posting!

Let us know if that makes a difference! While a good way to reduce spam, it's not a great way to get new people to become active. Captcha codes are such a pain.

ddcmsmom
Veteran
ddcmsmom
In response to cindy312

Suddenly, I don't need the codes anymore. Perhaps I've hit a magic number of posts.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to ddcmsmom

yeah glad you have I hate security codes and won't hardly post on a blog if they have them.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Sneezy1956

I am glad you are able to do it now. I hate those codes.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics