Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Stop and Scrap        (Topic#1593501)
bwasek
bwasek 
Expert
bwasek

Does anyone know what is going on with Stop and Scrap. I'm waiting on 3 pre-orders from July and can't get a response back from Larry. Thought may be some here might know more than me. They haven't updated their website message in a while now. Hopeing I didn't get taken for a $200 ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to bwasek

I've never heard of Stop and Scrap. Is it a scrapbook store? Did you purchase with Paypal or a credit card? Perhaps you can go through them to get the charges reversed.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to bwasek

Bwasek,

They put out a notice, I think this past summer talking about how they started out a small sideline and it grew fast but now with some family obligations it is really difficult for them to keep up. They talked about how they were trying to get all the orders out but it was just one of them and have fallen behind.
I received September clearance order in November and I too was worried. Larry had said he wasn't able to check e-mail as much so I would call. It sounds like they were doing everything they can to make their customers happy.

In the two years I have been a customer they have never charged me until they ship. Hopefully the same happened to you. As I said, I would try calling, their site has changed a bit but shipping has been updated…somewhat.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to jaxxan

This is the last email I received in November. Like the other poster said-I would try to call them and find out about your order.

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT
Please accept my apologies for such a lag in between communications. As many of you know, the past year has been a series of personal & family obstacles for Maria and I but we tried to keep StopAndScrap rolling through it all. About 3 months ago, we realized that Maria would no longer be able to continue with StopAndScrap and it became a one-person company (me) working nights & weekends because I already have a full-time job. Unfortunately due to other issues, for the last 4-6 weeks even I have been unable to run StopAndScrap. We were able to have some family help ship out pending orders in that time, but all other aspects had to be "paused", for lack of a better term, due to my unavailability. You may have sent emails and not had a response, or you may still be waiting for a pre-order that we are late on. I very deeply apologize if you fall into either of these categories - I am working to catch up on everything now.

We have realized that what we used to be able to do before kids, full-time jobs and sick parents can not be continued. Life changes and goes on, and unfortunately StopAndScrap is no longer a realistic project for us. So for the indefinite future, we will not be selling new pre-orders and will only be selling off clearance items over the next few months. We WILL be completing all pending pre-orders over the next few weeks with the goal to complete all before Christmas (and more significantly before that). All pre-order products are on order with our manufacturers/vendors and we only are waiting as things arrive. As they come in, they will be shipped out.

There's no way to know what the future holds and perhaps sometime later in 2014 it will make sense for us to give it a try again, but as of now we do not feel right taking any more pre-orders without knowing when we can fill them. Both of us want all of you to know how much we've appreciated your faith and patience over the years. We never had any interest in expanding StopAndScrap outside our home, so we tried our best to keep doing it as our family and responsibilities grew, but unfortunately it was just not possible in the end. Thank you again for shopping with us over the years, and please keep an eye on the following link which will finally be updated often over the next few weeks as we finish up all the pending pre-orders:

Please also keep an eye on your email and StopAndScrap.com for some amazing deals as we look to clear off our shelves over the next few months.

Thanks!
Larry
StopAndScrap.com

Edited by Babylou on 01-14-14 09:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bwasek
bwasek 
Expert
bwasek
In response to Luvmyfam

Yes, online pre-order store. I paid with paypal, but they won't help because the transaction is over 45 days old!!!!

bwasek
bwasek 
Expert
bwasek
In response to Babylou

I got this email too, and another on 12-18-13, but haven't heard anything since. I've sent 4 emails, called several times, filed repost with BBB, and dispute with paypal. I'm so upset because I've spend thousands of dollars there over the past 304 years and have always had a good experience.

Mad to think someone can close doors and walk away with peoples money!!!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to bwasek

Oh I am so sorry! I would be miffed as well. I hope its just a matter of them being in mid packing and your order will be there soon. Crossing my fingers for you. Yeah based on how they acted for these past years it would be a shock if they just took your money and did nothing.

I am not overly familiar with pay pal but can you take it up the chain of command?

This is just awful!

New Kid On the Block
In response to jaxxan

Does anyone have a phone number for this company? I have sent over 52 e-mails with no response. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, which was just closed because Stop and Scrap refused to answer them. I just filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and I'm in the process of filing a complaint with the IC3. I think it is sad what these people have done. There are hundreds of people that they have defrauded. I have been waiting for almost 4 months now and not one word from this company.

bwasek
bwasek 
Expert
bwasek
In response to abader38

631-371-4824, but it is a goggle number. they are yet to answer or return any of my calls.

we are in the same boat

I've taken the same actions as you with no reply.

New Kid On the Block
In response to bwasek

Just a heads up. I received an e-mail this afternoon that another company took over for Stop and Scrap and they say that we will be refunded our money if items are not available to ship. I hope they are sincere about this and make good on what they say. So Stop and Scrap will now be known as ****Edited per board rules.

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 03-18-14 04:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to abader38

I just wanted to let you know that I placed a clearance order with the new company last week and received it today. They didn't bill me until it shipped.

I am hoping that means that those of you who were left holding the bag will get some resolution soon.

New Kid On the Block
In response to bwasek

I am still waiting for items I ordered almost a year ago - over $600.00 worth as well as $100.00 worth of lost rewards points!!!!!!!! My orders for the year were coming with more and more items missing. I asked them months before they went out of business if that would happen and they reassured me "no" so I trusted and ordered again. BIG MISTAKE!

New Kid On the Block
In response to louann packard

Looks like the new management is nothing but a scam. The phone number they gave when the took over is the same as the previous owner. The response to e-mails are the same and surprise.....surprise I still can not get a response regarding my order even though they said everything would be sent out or refunded by the end of February. All they did in 1 months time is change the status on my order. I knew this new management thing was just a way to buy the loser owners more time to continue to scam people.

I lost $60. I feel sorry for the people that lost even more with these dirt bags. I have filed countless complaints and no one will do anything. Makes me wonder why these agencies claim they are here to help us. They do nothing when we file complaints and allow these losers to continue to scam people.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to abader38

It doesn't mention when the company was taken over, but if there are as many back orders pending as there seem to be, you may have to be patient. At least they say they will now refund for unavailable items and will no longer be asking for money upfront for pre-orders. It seems that they have taken over everything including the telephone number.

It sounds as if the company got too big, too quickly for the previous owners and they couldn't cope. The new people need a chance to get themselves sorted out. If you still don't get any joy, at least you have a new company name to complain about so you can start a new action against them.

But I say give them a chance first.

New Kid On the Block
In response to bwasek

He is an update on STOP and SCRAP - they will NOT answer your emails. You will probably NOT get your orders. They charged me for each order when the order was placed and owe me over $600 in merchandise. My shipments over the last couple years were received with more and more items missing (there were always new excuses for the problems). I asked over a year ago if Stop and Scrap was going out of business and was promised NO - so I continued to order. When they did announce quitting, I sent several emails requesting to use my rewards points but no answer. Enough months have passed for people to have received their orders - Most likely, it is a matter of money needed to mail the orders and/or merchandise orders with manufacturers were canceled by Stop and Scrap and they owe customers refunds - again, money issues. I am happy to find a workable resolution with Stop and Scrap but they are totally ignoring customer contact. I would have appreciated being told I would not receive my merchandise so I could buy it elsewhere but it is no longer available anywhere. If I do not hear from them soon I will be taking legal action and I am happy to share all contact information with others having the same problems. So sorry to all who have been hurt by this company and it's owners.

Edited by louann packard on 03-17-14 01:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to jaxxan

Beware - I am out $600 dollars. They do not answer emails for those they have cheated - an email would go a long ways towards reassuring people. You would think they would take care of customers who have orders dating back 10 months before sending merchandise just ordered. I too had a good experience at first and it got worse and worse. I asked if they were going out of business and guaranteed not - they lied to me. You WILL loose out if you continue to order from them. There was always a new excuse for problems but they continued to take on more work then they could not handle with no efforts to correct existing problems. NO ETHICS - BEWARE!

New Kid On the Block
In response to abader38

What is the email address for the email you received. I need to talk to SOMEONE - they owe me over $600 in merchandise and will not answer my emails!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to louann packard

Louann,
I think we all feel for you for the lost money and orders. I too would be screaming like my hair was on fire and wanting some kind of restitution from the company. I appreciate that you are also trying to warn others so as not to be caught off guard.

I hope you find some answers and hopefully you won't have to lose more money on lawyers as well. I just looked at the site and there is a different customer service e-mail but given sb.com has already been generous enough to allow us to discuss this company, I can't give out the e-mail here. But if you go to their site under the contact us at the very bottom in black bold letters there is an e-mail for the new company. I am hoping that will get you where you need to go. I have also found company owners through their listing with the BBB.

As far as my post regarding my experience with the new company, it's just that, my experience. I am not condoning what happened to you but I am also familiar with people buying a damaged business and trying to build back the goodwill. I was willing and still am,to give the new owners a chance with small orders. If they treat me right as a customer then I think they deserve to be credited for the improvements they are making to fix the business.

I do sincerely hope you find some kind of compensation for your situation.
If you still need a good on-line store, you couldn't do any better than this site for reliability and service.

bwasek
bwasek 
Expert
bwasek
In response to abader38

I also think the management is a fraud! I waiting until 3-1-14 to email about 2013 orders and have yet to get any response! I was foolish enough to order clearance/pre-orders from them and no response on that order either. I'm filing fraud on the new order today!!!!!! at least isn't within 30 days so my credit card and do something about it!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to bwasek

• bwasek Said:
I also think the management is a fraud! I waiting until 3-1-14 to email about 2013 orders and have yet to get any response! I was foolish enough to order clearance/pre-orders from them and no response on that order either. I'm filing fraud on the new order today!!!!!! at least isn't within 30 days so my credit card and do something about it!

You lost $200 to them last year and then sent them more money?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics