Username Post: I saw Ahni and Zoe product        (Topic#1593503)
Frau_Cooney
Guru
Frau_Cooney

Hi all,

I was at a crop this weekend hosted by a group of Creative Memories consultants. They had the new Ahni and Zoe product there to sell. I thought some of you might be interested in a review.

The albums are basically the old Fast to Fabulous albums - cover set and pages with designs built in. They were pretty and the same CM quality. They are a slightly different size than old albums so not interchangeable with the previous CM line. If you didn't like the page designs, you could cover it with whatever you want.

They also have slide in albums with clear plastic pages. They have a 12x12 slide-in and a version with 6 4x6 slots per page (both horizontal and vertical). They have patterned inserts for these in 4X6. Similar to what I've seen of Project Life (though I don't know too much about that.

Other than that, there was a magnetic wall frame, 4 pens, a photo box, and a tape runner. The tape runner is the same as the last version of CM but in a pink color. The refills are interchangable.

The products are all made in the US with the exception of the tape runner (Denmark).

In general, it was all very nice. If you are a died-in-the-wool CM scrapper, you will be able to continue with their albums.

The digital side was not appealing to me, but it includes a phone app (with a web version coming soon and later an android version) that you can upload photos, tag them for printing, etc.

Veteran
In response to Frau_Cooney

I saw some this weekend as we'll. I didn't like the way the outside of the album felt. It had a rubbery feel to it. I love their tape runners! But otherwise I was disappointed. Of course I didn't use every CM product anyways.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to GAKropper

I think the new products are horrible! I have a lot of cm punches, border maker, and some paper. At one time, i was really into cm, but there are so many other great lines out there.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to bonprof

I agree Donna. I am have been over CM for a while but thought I would at least give them a look but this is a hail mary that was went through the receivers arms! ……Sorry been watching my Niners and ESPN too much lately.

What is with making the tape runners suddenly pink instead of CM Blue. I don't know what it is but something about that sudden change makes my inner feminist roar. Like I am going to start buying your product because you made the tape runner pink along with the weak attempt of naming the line after what sounds like two teenage girls. Ugh!

I am probably off base but this sounds like a male investment group who knows nothing about scrapping or the demographic but heard it makes money. In their ignorance they turned us all off and now still in complete ignorance is doing stereotypical things in their feeble attempts to attract women back. Maybe they should have actually listened to their customers and here's a thought, their front line people, their consultants, before they ran the company into the ground!

I wasn't a consultant but I feel bad for so many who were left holding the bag, some of who are good friends.

Okay I am done roaring….for now,,,,,,,,

Frau_Cooney
Guru
Frau_Cooney
In response to jaxxan

I knew this would bring up strong feelings! I did love a lot of the tools they used to make and they don't make any of them now. I never loved the stickers and papers, so no big loss there. I kind of like the smooth album feel, but they are not all like that.

The lead consultant at the crop talked about why they moved forward with the fast2fab albums and almost nothing else, and apparently those were selling best when the bankruptcy happened. They also are positioning them as something you can get done quickly and share (gift) with others. Nice idea, but not why I scrap.

Overall, though, I remember seeing some people upset about no longer having CM albums, and I think they might be able to use what is available now.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to Frau_Cooney

I was looking at the new products on the CM website, and I'm not impressed. The new products give you a choice between pre-designed pages or pocket pages. I don't scrapbook using either of those methods. I loved all the tools, pens and stickers that they used to make, especially all the different coloured alphas...I have TONS of them that I used for titles. Unless they step up their game and start putting out some decent products, I'm done with CM.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics