Username Post: Stash building mode!!        (Topic#1593509)
bonprof
Idol
bonprof

I am 3 weeks away from having my scrap room and have been in stash building mode! When were you last in this mode and what did you buy?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

When was I LAST? LOL girl, when was I NOT? That would be easier to answer! I'm in one right now although, I don't call it stash because it's tools. I found some awesome deals for Spellbinders dies and Tim Holtz stamp sets and bought a bunch!!!! (Money from Christmas so it's sort of a Christmas gift) I just received them yesterday so I'm fired up. I did get one pad of Prima paper along with that, and I did get some G45 at the Archiver's closing sale. That's what I call stash.

STASH=I will say that is paper, ink, embellishments of any type, ribbon, etc. anything that be used up and will need to be replaced/rebuilt (ie stash of money)

COLLECTION=I will say this is my tools such as my collection of stamps and punches

HOARD=compulsive hoarding, pattern of behavior that is characterized by the excessive acquisition

COLLECTOR=one who accumulates or gathers

I'm all of the above, all the time!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to CrimsonMama

It seems like I go through that mode at the beginning of each year. I don't know if all the great Christmas gifts jumpstart me or the after Christmas sales? Or maybe it's the winter weather that has me all cooped up and allows me more time to scrap. Plus I'm always excited to start on those new scrapbooking goals for the year.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to olleharr

Card stock.....always Cardstock.

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to PhotobearSam

I'm in continuous stash-building mode! Anytime I see a sale, coupons, the Expo, walking into a LSS...It's always stash-building time!

I will say that I tried to curtail purchases for myself during the Christmas shopping season, but I was not always successful! I have scrappers on my gift list, so when I saw a good deal for them, I just had to get it for myself too!

Expert
In response to Mary W.

...this morning...at Archivers! I got a little crazy in the cardstock section, but it's also amazing how fast things add up when you are getting something here and something over there and something you can't find elsewhere...

Otherwise I normally tend to start building up my stash around this time of year because it's when I usually have a few big crops coming up.

mommie75
Queen
mommie75
In response to HuskerMom98

Always but when i used to belong to a group that did group buy,i stocked up on thing i always have to buy,glue,card stock,flowers,buttons, basic supplies

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to mommie75

I think there is stash building and then there is the job of maintaining. You know, keeping it current, weeding out the stuff that doesn't work anymore, adding some new tools and reorganizing or just plain looking at it with an odd smile on your face.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to jaxxan

Over Christmas I got tons of Prima inks. They are amazing and nothing covers like they do.

My scrap room is evidence that I have been in stash building mode for years.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:
I think there is stash building and then there is the job of maintaining. You know, keeping it current, weeding out the stuff that doesn't work anymore, adding some new tools and reorganizing or just plain looking at it with an odd smile on your face.

^^ That. In particular the odd smile part - that's completely me!

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to jaxxan

You are so right!! I weed out my stuff once in a while and give it to the girl scouts or whomever. The things I thought "I had to have" are not always things I keep in my stash. I even bought some "gently" used kits from another site and just love them as they are new to me. And I got a killer deal on them. But eventually, I will clean those out too and make way for the new.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics