Username Post: Storing Washi Tape        (Topic#1593541)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I'm happy with my actual washi tape storage containers, but wonder how you determine how to group your tape for storage. Do you store by category, i.e. flowers, dots, stripes, music, holiday, etc.; or by predominant color?

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to dwelch

I don't have enough to group mine. They are thrown into the front of the basket that also has my bling in it. They are kind of sorted in rainbow colours, but there are a few missing. I haven't been able to get anything pink or orange.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to RedSquirrel

Mine are sorted by categories pretty much as you described. The trouble comes in deciding if the red/green stripe is stripe or Christmas.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to disneylisa

Oh Christmas I think. Would you use red and green together for any other occasion? It hadn't occurred to me until now, but I don't think I would.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-15-14 12:43 PM

Predominant color, mostly, and multi-colored all together.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to stick

I only have four, which are mostly hanging on a small spinning rack - the baseball one with some other baseball ribbon and stickers, the filmstrip and days of the week with some other "everyday" type stuff, and the spiderweb one... Might be down on a shelf with some other fall stuff, can't remember. They're all in their original packaging, such as it is (mostly Queen & Co, an October Afternoon, maybe one by Doodlebug?)

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to aquabunny

ROYGBIV, with the Christmas ones sorted in their appropriate red or green area.

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 01-15-14 08:50 PM
In response to cindy312

I store mine in two glass canisters. One for cools and one for warms. I include black/grey/silver with cools and brown/cream/gold with warms. As far as printed tapes, I just pick the color that my eye goes to first and throw it in that jar.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to MoniL

I have mine sorted by mostly color, and the TH printed ones are together regardless of color.

Plus I store them in a super neat vintage slide holder.

Washi Tape Storage By ScrappyMama6

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to ScrappyMama6

Scrappymama...love the way your repurposed the slide case. Ideas like this are one of my favorite things here at scrapbook.com My tapes (too many..hoard) are in small ziploc bags depending on manufacturer.... are clipped onto my Clip it Up organizer. I also have a
twirly type holder that came with 24 rolls at Costco.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I found some pinks today!

Oh sorry, didn't mean to hijack...

Just Nora
Idol
Just Nora

I have mine thrown in a bucket that I dig through when I want to use it. It isn't small either. I need a different system, though. It is hard to find colors when I need them.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Just Nora

I found containers at the dollar store that is meant to hold round crackers like Ritz once you open them and I use those to store my washi. They are clear so I see the colours and they stand nicely on my desk.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to PhotobearSam

Oh, I love that idea! How perfect. Mine are stored in those 12" clear plastic silverware dividers that are meant to go in drawers. Unfortunately, I now have 15 of them full!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics