Username Post: covering a scrapbook or photo album        (Topic#1593577)
Expert

Hi...I am thinking about making a shower gift for a girl at work. She is really into the burlap and lace look. I was thinking of covering an existing scrapbook, or maybe making my own? (Never done that before).
Does anyone know of any instructions to do something like this?
Is this type of thing..out of style? I can remember padding and covering photo albums in the 80's.

I appreciate any and all suggestions.

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping
In response to deedee49

I have been watching you tube videos on making mini albums. Seems there are a number of ways you could do this but adhering the burlap to chipboard may be the way to go. Im just not sure if you would use double sided tape or glue for this. My inclination is to say glue. I saw some bulap looking paper at a store too. This might be an option.

Expert
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

Thanks..I was looking at those mini albums too. I just might get some burlap and experiment. I thought she would like more of a traditional photo album.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

Veteran
In response to deedee49

I saw some pre made ones somewhere. I just cannot remember where.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to GAKropper

Yes it was back in the late 80's and early 90's I did in sorority. We used hot glue to hold everything together and added a thin layer of batting to avoid rips. However if you are doing burlap it might be okay.

If you want directions you can PM me and I will walk you through it, I made a few in my time for my "little" sisters and my niece at the time.

They are pretty easy to pull off and hot glue guns have come long way since then. We used to compare burns!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to jaxxan

Omg...I did these also...for cheerleading and basketball...they can still be pretty...gotta love a glue gun!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics