Username Post: Best ink for stamping on wood?        (Topic#1593589)
JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss

I recently bought some wooden tags at M's, and when I saw them, my first thought was "these would be really fun to stamp on". I've never stamped on anything other than paper, and I haven't even done much of that, so I'm a little lost as to the best kind of ink to use for this . I started looking at inks when I was at M's too, but there are some many different kinds that I got overwhelmed.

What type of ink do I need, and do you have any brands you could recommend? TIA!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to JenKoss

I would think that the Mixd Media inks would do best because they have really good coverage. I'm not shut if a distressed ink would work. I'm curious about what others here think.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to JenKoss

There is an ink that works on plastic...I wonder if it would work on wood too. It is called Staz On. On the back it says appropriate for all surfaces. designed especially for use on plastic, metal, glass, ceramic, laminated paper, coated paper & leather. I am only showing you a few colors..there are lots more in the store.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to anda11

Plastic! Wow it should work on about anything! I'm glad to know this.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to CrimsonMama

well, I hadn't used it for a couple years..I only thought it would work on plastic. I am glad to know that too.

DianaGail
Tenant
DianaGail
In response to anda11

Staz on would be the best. I have also used Tim hotlz distress inks.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to DianaGail

Try Prima inks. They cover like paint. They are in little blue iron shaped containers.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to 950nancy

Hey Nancy, Thanks for telling us about the Primas. I love Prima stuff.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

Those Prima chalk inks are one of my favorite things. I bought the 40-pack last year and also have 7 of the 8 pastel colors that weren't part of that pack. Not all of the colors are ones that I will use, but lots of them are really great.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to aquabunny

That's why I love the Mixd Media, it covers good.

That Prima chalk set is so tempting!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to CrimsonMama

Stayz on stays on everything. Glass, metal, plastic.

I've used regular archival ink auto stamp on wood. Does just fine. Have to watch for "smears". When wood absorbed mores in place.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Those Prima chalk inks are one of my favorite things. I bought the 40-pack last year and also have 7 of the 8 pastel colors that weren't part of that pack. Not all of the colors are ones that I will use, but lots of them are really great.

Ok Andrea...you are making me want them lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

ok I just added them to my wishlist.. lol

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to anda11

Thanks for all the great suggestions...I will definitely be checking those out!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
Hey Nancy, Thanks for telling us about the Primas. I love Prima stuff.

Went to a crop last November and the lady instructing the classes was selling it. By the end of the weekend, I had 12 inks. She just kept showing us different ways to use it and I loved how great they worked on covering the colors of Thickers so you could use up all of your old letters. With every penny. Wish they were sold locally.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics