Username Post: Tombow Adhesive Runners?        (Topic#1593617)
BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I used to be a big fan of Tombow's tape runners. But lately, I've had several packages that were bad. As in the adhesive was getting caught in the wheels and I'd get little to no adhesive, or it would slide to one side and I'd get half of the adhesive.

Has anyone else had this problem? Naturally, I emailed Tombow, and their first response was to tell me to return it to the store I bought it from, but that was beyond the 30-day return policy. Then they suggested I send the runners back to them, at my expense, and then they would replace the defective one. I'm not able to spend money willy-nilly to ship things here and there and everywhere. MM's customer service is so much better, just email them a picture and they take care of you.

Since it looks like Tombow's quality is beginning to deteriorate, what are some other, good, adhesives out there? Preferably that I can buy in a big box store because I am too impatient to wait for shipping.

Edited by BlingQueenRia on 01-19-14 03:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to BlingQueenRia

I have been having a similar problem with thermoweb tape runners, I have also used Tomboy but do not have too many problems with them so far. I had picked up Bazzil tape runner in Michaels and I find it to be very good. I also love my Glue Arts permanent adhesive cartridges.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Unique scrapper

I'm loving my ATC now. I think xyron cam out with tape runners but I think they are really pricy.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to NMlady

I saw those, Joy. And yes. Pricey. I'm considering an ATG, if I can figure out a way to store it. Out here a single refill is around $5, and while that's a little more than a $4 Tombow,there's more adhesive in them I think. M's has them by me for $30 to the ATG gun with the first roll. That's before coupon, I have a coupon for 40% off, I think it's 40% off, anyway.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Unique, I didn't even know Bazzill made adhesive! Might be worth a try while I debate where to store an ATG.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

I'm sorry to hear you've had problems with the Tombow runner refills. The Tombow runner is all I've used for years, I buy the refills in bulk from a discount office supply site online, and have never had any problems. I've tried the ATG several times and hated it! If Tombow begins to have consistent problems, I'm going to have a difficult time finding a replacement adhesive.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to chocolateaxel

I love my ATG. Finding tape runners was such a challenge for me. We have so few stores around here and the adhesive shelves were always empty. I was paying $4 and $5 bucks a pop for a tape runner and I was going through several a week. My ATG refills, however, last a really long time. I don't think I've ever paid more than $5 or $6 a roll. I would use an M's or J's coupon to buy the ATG and any refills.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Luvmyfam

I bought a Tombow plus 4 refills. NONE of them worked. What a waste. It was past the return date at M's and Tombow was of no help. So... my experience was like the first post here.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I think as soon as I can get to M's I'm going to buy an ATG. The refills are cheaper than Bazzill's, and seem to last longer. I might order online, but I'd rather not wait for shipping, I seem to be back in a scrappy mode.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics