Username Post: Silhouette Cameo        (Topic#1593681)
aruss7 
New Kid On the Block

I just ordered the Cameo; I am so excited I decided to download the software while I wait for it to arrive. I notice there are 2 versions of the software "Connect" and "Studio". Which 1 do I want?

Edited by McKane on 02-05-14 11:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to aruss7

You want Studio. Connect is specifically designed to help other software programs communicate with the Cameo.

Later you can upgrade to the 'Designer Edition' of Studio, but the free version is fine to start with.

aruss7 
New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

Thanks a bunch. I didn't realize I had to go to a different website to download.

New Kid On the Block
In response to aruss7

yes you definitely want the studio version.

When/If you decide to upgrade to the designer edition, you can usually find discounted designer upgrade cards at walmart.com. If you upgrade from the Silhouette studio, I think it is 50 dollars and I bought my upgrade for 37 i think

srichter
Resident
srichter
In response to thatchej

I'm considering purchasing a Silhouette Cameo (my previous die cutter is a slice machine and it's time to upgrade).

Can someone tell me a bit about this studio and designer edition feature? I'm new to the digital library support for cutting machine world so I want to make sure that I have all the info I need

Thanks for sharing

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to srichter

I don't have Designer Edition , but if you want to explore the basic version, you can download it for free from the Silhouette website and play with it to get a feel for how it works.

New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

I think the designer software lets you match any of your new cut elements to any paper pattern that you have so you can have collection specific die cuts...it's also really easy to cut your own.....I love my cameo....have fun with your upgrade

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to thatchej

• thatchej Said:
I think the designer software lets you match any of your new cut elements to any paper pattern that you have so you can have collection specific die cuts...

I don't understand what you mean by this. Can someone explain? I already know that I can scan a preexisting image and trace it to create a cut file of that image, but I don't need Designer Edition to do that - the basic free version of Studio can do that just fine.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics