Username Post: scrapbook layouts        (Topic#1593683)
Tenant

I wish scrapbook layouts would have step by step instructions with pictures. That way I can see how the whole page goes together.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to mamajoy

I sure do hope that your wish comes true so that I can hustle into your wish.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Unique scrapper

Check out the sketches....maybe that'll help?

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to mamajoy

What kind of layouts do you like? Layered? Vintage? Block?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to bonprof

You can buy scrapbook kits that come with step-by-step instructions.

Tenant
In response to Luvmyfam

i like to do all sorts of pages. I need to be more clear on what I was talking about. I want step-by-step instructions on doing a scrapbook page layer by layer. None of my pages have more than one layer. There is no dimension to my pages. I just want them to look more professional.
Thanks

Pink Spoonbill
Diva
Pink Spoonbill
In response to mamajoy

Thank you for the post. I am mystified on the super layered LO as well. How do you know which layer goes first, then second, third....

Like this one:

Country Love By Vintagelady

Where do you start? It is stunning.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Pink Spoonbill

If I'm scraplifting, I reverse-engineer those. So I can see the top layers - piece those first. Then I can see the next layer beneath - piece that and lay it under the top layers on my desk, etc.

That beautiful LO has some of the products shown beneath, so you can tell what has been used.

This one has a blue gingham base. The kraft layer has been placed on top, with a corner folded. The bottom has been scrunched up and sanded, revealing the blue underneath. Lacy bits have been tucked between the layers at the bottom. Another piece has been torn out of the kraft on the top right to reveal the blue, and some flags tucked underneath. There is another tear in the kraft below that, and a different piece of text paper has been placed in the gap over the blue. The rest has been placed on top of the kraft. The kraft lacy pieces I believe are die-cuts that have been inked to match the kraft. Does that help?

aubrieannie
Veteran
aubrieannie
In response to RedSquirrel

I am going to give you this advice: don't think too hard. Just jump in and try it. I looked at dimensional pages for so long wondering how it was done. But you will not learn until you try. There are no rules. Just do what you think looks good and HAVE FUN!!!!!! You don't need directions on what to put down first. Just do what you think looks good!!!!!! You can do it!

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 01-25-14 10:09 AM
In response to aubrieannie

There are a lot of tutorials on YouTube that have "Start to Finish" in the title.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Rae_M

I wish there was a" like" button on here as I like the idea but also agree with Rachel (Rae_M)
Expanding on What Rachel said, you can also put mix media in the search on Youtube.
Another thought is to look at the product list and go to the manufacturer website/blog. Most of the larger one usually feature the design team doing a "how to" as well.

However I agree it is good to see how people do things sometimes there is a little trick or tip that can make it all click for me.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to jaxxan

Look for process videos on youtube. Hip Kit Club does them all the time.

aubrieannie
Veteran
aubrieannie
In response to runzalot81

I watch a lot of product specific videos to get ideas. Scraps of darkness has a lot of videos called "Pandora's box" that are start to finish videos of layouts.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to mamajoy

Just some general suggestions: always mat your photos, ink your paper, cluster your embellies, and use pop dots for certain elements. I think the variety of techniques brings dimension. I am learning about all of this too. I use the videos here and on youtube for help.

Edited by bonprof on 01-26-14 05:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics