Username Post: Need Envelope Help!        (Topic#1593715)
New Kid On the Block

Hello! I have a lot of penpals and I like to make envelopes for them using scrapbook paper. I recently discovered Scrapbook.com and bought some very pretty double-sided paper from the We R Memory Keepers Country Livin' collection. I like the idea of my penpals opening up the envelope and seeing a complementary design inside.

My problem is that when I fold the edges of this paper to create the envelope, the design layer separates from the cardstock beneath and I'm left with an edge that isn't crisp. Is there a technique to smooth this down again? Am I doing something wrong?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to swanjun

It would probably help to score the pp before folding it.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Rosita

I should have mentioned that I *am* scoring it. I'm using the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board.

Sorry for the omission!

ETA: A friend has just informed me that I should have had the inside of the envelope facing down on the punch board, but I had the opposite. I'm gonna try again this way and see what happens.

Edited by swanjun on 01-24-14 06:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to swanjun

Do you mean the edges that you cut when you originally cut your square? Then it shows on some edges when you get it folded up? I keep running my bone folder along them and it usually smoothes out some.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to AmyWho

Yes, the side that you score should be the outside of the fold, not the inside. I needed to have that pointed out to me many years ago too. It isn't intuitive, is it? Good luck!

New Kid On the Block
In response to RedSquirrel

• RedSquirrel Said:
Yes, the side that you score should be the outside of the fold, not the inside. I needed to have that pointed out to me many years ago too. It isn't intuitive, is it? Good luck!

Yeah, I thought it would fold easier if I did it the other way. Lesson learned!

This evening, I tried scoring the *outside* and it worked like a charm! Thanks to all who replied.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics