Username Post: In Search Of A New Photo Printer        (Topic#1593743)
scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread

I have had a Kodak AIO for about 5 years and I loved it. Until the print head died and it quit "communicating" with the computer and refused to print anything. I loved the quality of photos and the price and value of the ink cartridges. Now I need a printer. I live more than an hour from the nearest store of any kind and more than 2.5 hours from the nearest Costco or Walgreens so I need a printer at home. Any suggestions? As a side note, on Tuesday, I made a trip to town and took several SD cards to print pictures. Walmart and Fred Meyer both have HP printers where you can print off pictures immediately or in an hour. Both stores had ALL of the printers out of order. Supposedly waiting for updates and the clerks had no idea when that might happen. I really need a printer at home again! Thanks in advance for any help.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to scrapnread

Did I post this question in the wrong forum?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to scrapnread

Ahhh no response! Sorry, you might try to photography forum for more expertise. I have a Canon which does well but my husband has a big expensive Epson, I never use it. There is so many choices and price points.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to CrimsonMama

I really like my HP. The only things that I don't like about it are that it takes a while for it to wake up and it shakes my whole desk when it prints.

Good luck, there are so many choices.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to AmyWho

I ordered a Canon MG6320 from Amazon last spring. Awesome printer. Actually makes many of my photos look better than they actually are. Set up was a breeze.

Memories4Ever
Idol
Memories4Ever
In response to runzalot81

I have a small Canon Selphy that I just bought for myself after Christmas. It is very small, perfect to take along to crops. It prints gorgeous 4x6 prints or postcard prints (haven't tried those yet). It works beautifully and I can print from my phone via wireless or I can use a memory card or flash drive. I love the convenience. I, too, used to print at Walmart or Walgreens, but I would print 100+ pictures to make the trip worthwhile, but I wouldn't use half of them. I wanted a printer that I could take with me and could print only what I needed. I finally decided on this little printer and it has been great. The only downside people have with it (which is not a problem in my book, but it was one of the negative reviews I read), it doesn't take ink but a roll cartridge and the cartridges come with the exact amount of photo paper....they're not sold seperately. This really is not a problem for me at all. I purchase the package on amazon and get 108 photos for $30. It's worth it for me. Good luck with whatever you find.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Memories4Ever

i'm glad you posted this question because my kodak isn't d/loading photos either. i'm had it awhile but i like to print my photos at home so i need a photo printer too. i've been spoiled so much.

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to cescrapper

I have the Cannon MG6200. It is a great printer and I have been happy with the quality of the prints.

Ink is not cheap, but I get off-brand replacements online. It has separate cartridges for the different colors so if one color runs out you only have to replace it one color.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to Frau_Cooney

Thanks for the suggestions. I am still researching. And hating the fact that my Kodak broke.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics