Username Post: WRMK flush protectors        (Topic#1593747)
jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

I was wondering if anyone has used these new protectors from WRMK. They are suppose to put your two page layouts closer together in the three ring binders.

I am wondering if you use them how you like them and if you happen to have a picture of your layout in them would you mind sharing it??

The product page doesn't show the best photo of it and I have not been able to see a really good video of just these protectors.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to jaxxan

I have been wondering the same thing

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to PhotobearSam

Hmmmm, interesting. There is not a better photo on The WR Memory site, same one. It appears to me that it is two page protectors, bound by one spine. So in order to actually turn the page you would be turning two sleeves.

I wonder if anyone here has tried some of these?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to CrimsonMama

I've got a set, but haven't yet tried them in an album.

This Scrapbook Update article shows a picture of them in practice, but from a weird angle and with lots of overhead lighting (it's from the show floor at CHA Winter 2013) - you can't even see the album behind it. http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2013/01/13/cha-winter -20...

Here's a post from the WRMK blog - in the top picture you can really see how they look in an actual album. http://wermemorykeepers.wordpress.com/2013/07/19/store-...

I do really need to try the ones I have though, they'd be perfect for some layouts in my travel albums from Washington DC and St. Louis - my extremely lengthy travel albums are the reason I switched to 3-ring, but I love double-page layouts.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to aquabunny

I have them and I love them. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to aquabunny

Thank you for the link Aqua Bunny that was helpful. I like how an event is more encapsulated.
I too, like doing two page layouts as well especially when there are a lot of photos.

If you happen to get those layouts into the protectors please share you thoughts on them and well they incorporate in the album, i.e. are there gaps between the regular protectors and the flush mount.

WRMK has so many new sizes and protectors it would be nice if they spent a little time going through all of them in a video. My LSS doesn't stock the full line so I want to see the envelopes etc.

I also wish they did some with 5.5x7.5

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to flintridgescrapper

Thank you for taking the time to take a picture.

New Kid On the Block
In response to jaxxan

It looks good when it's opened up like a book but what about this front and the back? They will not look the same so every other page is flush and the other isn't.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Jstblondie

I bought three packs of those - terrific! If I remember in the evening, i'll snap a pic. Do the pages show up together? Yes. very nicely really. the size is good, they are the same size inside as regular 12*12, not skimming anything, and they don't stick out in the album. you flip through pages and when you flip next one, it shows your double. Flipping is a little awkward , since it doesn't flip all the way to the other side of the d-ring but stays on the right, then with the second page you flip the entire double to the other side of the d-ring. It's worth the inconvenience for the privilege of showing the doubles that really need to be connected (such as, for example, a double with a pic split in half down the middle). And another peeve is that once you flip both pages, you are looking at singles again.

@Jstblondie: yes, it's single then double then single. it looks good when you have mostly singles with occasional double that needs to stay together. if all layouts are doubles, then I don't know..

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to OlesyaK.

I have some and i LOVE them Especially if you're doing a huge thememd project i would whole heartedly buy some

Jessica_
Guru
Jessica_
In response to cescrapper

Good News! You asked...we listened.
Something is in the works --- watch for new videos this spring!

thanks!

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Jessica_

From the description, it appears as if two pages are stuck together at the edge strip where the holes are lined up. This results in the inner 2 sheets to be lined up right next to each other when you open them. But the outer front and back sheets must be used as singles.

I think you can duplicate this effect by adhering 2 pages together at the binding edge, avoiding putting adhesive at the holes. This may be a less expensive option depending on the cost of the flush page protectors vs. 2 regular page protectors.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Jessica_

Thanks Jessica. I will look forward to seeing Scrapbook.com's video.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to jaxxan

Sorry, I haven't remember to take a picture at the right time.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to flintridgescrapper

I just recently bought two packs of the flush double page protectors. Haven't use them yet. But when I do I'll be posting a picture of my finish layout in the flush double page protector.

Edited by justartguy007 on 01-29-14 12:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to justartguy007

I love WRMK products so much I am excited to try it but its hard when I can't actually see it. I appreciate everyone's offers to post. I am impressed with SB helping to solve the problem by offering to make a video, so excited to see it.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Jessica_

• Jessica_ Said:
Good News! You asked...we listened.
Something is in the works --- watch for new videos this spring!

thanks!

Jessica,
Just caught the video you made for these protectors. Thank you so much, it really helped. I will probably take advantage of the current WRMK sale. I am still so impressed that you listened and did this video.

Edited by jaxxan on 03-30-14 07:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics