Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: expo vs Micheals        (Topic#1593757)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

Hey scrapper girls!!! I HOPE I have the choice bettween going again this year (last yr was my first expo) a scrapbook expo or easier going to micheals. what would you choose???
need input!!!
thanks,
mg

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-26-14 10:28 AM
In response to mindygail

IMO Michael's essentially sucks, so I'd always choose an expo!

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to stick

Expo! You'll get so much stuff there that you'll never find at M's.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to AmyWho

i love expo

Expert
In response to southern lady

Give me an expo anytime. They have so many products, and it's a fun day out.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to southern lady

In my area Michaels has very limited stock and only carries a couple of brands.
The expos usually cover a wide variety of manufactures and sometimes even smaller ones that are starting out with new tools or products.

I go to them to shop but know your prices as things are not always a better deal at the Expo.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to jaxxan

Definitely EXPO!! There is sooo much more variety in products than one would find in M's... I LOVE going to the EXPOS!! In fact I'm saving my pennies for the one coming up in March!!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Scrapkaty

Our expos here have turned into Women's expos with three scrap booths. See if you can find out what booths will be open.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to mindygail

Omg. That's not even a choice! Expo every time!!!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to bonprof

The scrapbook conventions in our area have really gone downhill... lots fewer vendors and the ones that are there include home party things like candles, cosmetics, books, etc. It is a fun day but I still go to regular stores to purchase things. We are also fortunate to have a very friendly and helpful LSS in our area. There are fewer choices for workshops, too, at the conventions.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to pinkpaperairedale

As far as the spend of shopping, the Scrapbook Expos can't be beat, but they are a lot smaller than before. M's just doesn't offer the variety, but they do offer value for the basics with a coupon. Good luck.

Frau_Cooney
Guru
Frau_Cooney
In response to Cricutgirlg

See, now you made me look up scrapbook expos in my area and put them on my calendar! Yikes!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Frau_Cooney

EVERYTHING is better than Michaels!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Bxr-Linda

I've never been to one but I can imagine it's better than the usual big box shopping. YET I'm getting emails for the Expo now saying "see what's new from CHA". The one here in GA is not until July 18! Who wants to wait that long?

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to CrimsonMama

I think yall are right the expos rule and micheals drools!!hahs!
only problem is I have no ride to the expo!!!
I really need to save up some money!!

thanks for the input!!!!
happy scePPING!
MG

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to mindygail

I like the Expo much better than I do Michael's. I saw new items and some of the vendors have great deals on the products. Last year, I was able to get MME stamps for $2 and 12x12 pads for $6. I also saw 12x12 embossing folders which I never seen at any of the stores here. I am looking forward to going this year....I want to get one of those embossing folders

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62
In response to HisGEM

We have a yearly Expo that runs for 3 days and is excellent.
Always has a large range of classes available and a lot of make and takes which are free.

There are always plenty of stalls and the only drawback is if you decide to look at another stall for a better price you can miss out. Or you forget where you wanted to go back to.

My GF and I work from a list and mark our floor plans out. Mobiles are a must for keeping in touch for when we decide to split and conquer. LOL

There's generally some really good bargains but sadly a lot of overpriced items too. At least once you've been scrapping a while you get more price savvy.

joshuaminh426
Veteran
joshuaminh426
In response to ajsophios62

Love the expos. One is coming to Pleasanton, CA in March. Looking forward to it. Always find cool and interesting things.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to joshuaminh426

Yes I was just checking my calendar to make the Pleasanton Expo, its better than the Santa clara/San Jose one.

trem1997
Pro
trem1997
In response to jaxxan

I have never been to an expo before, so I'm going to have to say Michaels, by the way I work there so I am for Team Michaels! I think I pretty much buy something every time I go to work.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics