Username Post: How to cleanup glitter?        (Topic#1593765)
Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05

Does anyone have a good way to cleanup Dry Stickles glitter? I use one of those Tidy trays, and it just kind of sticks in there... and it goes everywhere.

I've tried baby wipes but that only seems to work on part of it.

Thanks in advance!

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to Mulan05

maybe rubbing alcohol? I know that sometimes, it will make cleaning up some of the adhesive on my tape runner rolls a little bit easier.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to Unique scrapper

Maybe dab at it with packing tape or even regular tape?

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to AmyWho

Thanks! I'll give all of those ideas a whirl

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Mulan05

I keep a cheap $1-store adhesive lint roller in my tool tote. It's quick & easy to go over my work table to pick up glitter and any other little, loose pieces, then tear off the dirty part and it's ready for my next mess :>)

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to mrsdriver5

I use that same little tool to clean off my cricut mat

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Unique scrapper

I save box lids and can throw them out after using them. If you work somewhere and they get the big boxes (cases) of printer paper... those lids are perfect.

KNScrapper
Tenant
KNScrapper

Love this idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

KNScrapper
Tenant
KNScrapper
In response to KNScrapper

I tried a lint roller brush that I would normally use on my clothes. Works great!!! Thank you for the previous suggestion someone made!!

Edited by KNScrapper on 03-03-14 05:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to KNScrapper

I use used fabric softener sheets and wipe down the tray I use first, before glittering anything. Then when finished, it pours back into the container much easier, also makes it less 'sticky'. Seems to work well for me, and I can recycle the fabric sheets in another crafty way This also works for embossing powder which I use a sheet of printer paper for, just wipe it down with the fabric softener sheet first! Be sure to get all parts of the sheet or tray when doing that. I have so much FUN learning and sharing here

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to catzscrapper

What a great tip! Thank you!

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to CrimsonMama

This is great tips thanks for sharing. I should get one of those lint roller. I think my parents have one some where around the house. I might ask if they have extra one.

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to justartguy007

I went to a scrap day at my LLS and they used a Swiffer duster just cut in thirds and it will pick it all up and you can use the one third for quite awhile.

New Kid On the Block

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I keep a cheap $1-store adhesive lint roller in my tool tote. It's quick & easy to go over my work table to pick up glitter and any other little, loose pieces, then tear off the dirty part and it's ready for my next mess :>)

The lint roller to clean up is the best idea since sliced bread. It literally saved me 30 min in clean up. Thanks!

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to catzscrapper

Quite often I just live with the glitter every where, because life should just be a bling-fest as often as possible. Barring that, at times I have had too much glitter (can there be such a thing???). I too, use a lint adhesive roller that I purchased at the dollar store. I also, have an old glass top from an endtable that I purchased at a garage sale, (used the legs for something else). When using glitter with a glue component or anything else along those lines, I do not worry for what I cannot wipe off comes off with a razor blade.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to daxsmom

Glad the roller idea helped you! I have several around the house. I seldom use them on my clothes, but lots of other things get rolled :>)

New Kid On the Block
In response to southgirl

I second the swiffer sheet. Just keep it folded for glitter and EP.

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to suhneubauer

I have another idea - it's like the lint roller. I found a mini-Schticky (remember those commercials?) and have started using that for glitter. It works just as well as the lint roller but it's reuseable.

northcarmen
Veteran
northcarmen
In response to Mulan05

Wow, great tips -- lint roller, fabric softener sheets -- I can find those! The Schticky sounds interesting too. I was going to suggest a kitchen pot scraper for dried glitter glue.

Carmen.

cardnan
Tenant
cardnan
In response to Mulan05

I use a Sticky roller, one of those you can wash in water to remove the glitter and anything else it picks up. Works wonderfully.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics