Username Post: Fiskars Trimmer Question        (Topic#1593805)
scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica

What's the difference between this one:
http://store.scrapbook.com/f-9908.html

and this one:
http://store.scrapbook.com/f-01-005448.html?w=fiskars+t...

Only thing I see is the differences in the reviews. Thanks!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to scrapchica

The first one is a bit bigger and more sturdy. You want a thicker swing out arm as the thinner ones tend to break easy.

Debby Lewis
Expert
Debby Lewis
In response to Sassy Suzi

I've used Fiskars Trimmers for years and I have both of these. Both cut the same, but the only difference would be the larger base that helps to hold the paper flatter and gives you more measurement area. I use my larger cutter for my table and the smaller one to be more mobile.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Debby Lewis

I have 5 Fiskars trimmers. I would prefer the first one that you showed... sturdy and easy to use.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I have one of the fiskars rotary trimmers, and one of the I blade style fiskars trimmers, they were both given to me as gifts. I can't stand the rotary trimmer. i'm noticing on a regular basis, even after changing to a brand new blade that with the rotary trimmer, I can't seem to cut through the paper all the way like I can with the I blade style. i'll be purchasing another 12 inch iblade and blessing my friend who doesn't have a trimmer with the rotary. I wouldn't recommend anyone purchase a rotary at all!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I don't have either one of these. I didn't select that style because the swing arm does not look that stable to me. I would read the reviews on that.

I have a large blade style F. It folds up, but when it is folded out it has a very large surface and is very stable. Because it is a F style blade, you can get different blades like a deckle blade or perforating blade, etc. Keep in mind that both the blade and the CUT BAR have to be replaced. I get the two sided because you can flip it around and then over so it has four cutting surfaces. I'm not tied to the fact that it folds except this does make it store easier. It also has a LED light which I really see no point in.

I also have the small 9 inch bypass which is very sharp titanium guillotine type mechanism. I like have this right next to me because I can trim photos and mats and small things without going to the larger one.

Happy with both of them. I'm not sure I would be satisfied having just one. One big heavy that will cut 12x12 and a smaller lighter handy one seems to work for me.

Vicki

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to CrimsonMama

Thanks for the input. I thought the first one looked heavier too, but there's no real distinct differences listed. I've got a small trimmer for up to 6", I just need a decent 12" because I'm on my third, and junk. So, I've decided Fiskars and I want a rotary trimmer, but I'm deciding between these "lighter" models and the larger Fiskars Procision.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I KNOW! I read the descriptions too and it's confusing. Sorry I can't help clearly distinguish between the two.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 01-29-14 10:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

snoflake517
Veteran
snoflake517
In response to CrimsonMama

I have the top one and love it! I don't have problems with the blade not cutting all the way through. It did take a little practice to get used to as you have to press down on it as you slide the blade, but it was quick to figure out. I would totally recommend it.

The difference I found (I was looking in person) was that the top one has a wider base to place paper, as well as a wider swing arm (which I preferred). The bottom one has a narrower base, as well as a narrower swing arm.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics