Username Post: Scrapbooking on the go??        (Topic#1593837)
New Kid On the Block

Hi all!

I'm a busy mom that at times I feel like I'm more personal chauffeur than anything else. My son has swim practice 3-4 times a week for about an hour. It's not long enough to go run an errand, so I sit there.

Then I thought what about getting some scrapbooking done? There's picnic tables, so not an ideal surface. And it's outside... I know I can pull the items together (I have some kits I've bought I can use). But how would you do this? Is there like a mat or something to lay out to do this? It'd be like 3 hours or more of dedicated scrapbooking time!! How awesome!

I figure whatever system I use, I can leave in my car for the next day. Does anyone do this? And what do you use? Any advise for this newbie?

Thanks!
Shawn

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to shawnandjeremy

Welcome!

You'd want something like a lap tray, or a TV tray, wouldn't you? Then you could sit in the back seat of the car and spread out, and your supplies could go into crates on the floor next to you.

Or if you had to sit outside, you could spread a craft cutting mat out on the table and have your supplies in totes around you. Let me link up a few things from the store for ideas for you.
Products Referenced in This Post:
Art Bin - Easy View Tote (Discontinued)

New Kid On the Block
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Thanks so much for all the awesome links! Sure looks like I'm going to need to get a job in order to afford all this cool stuff!! :-)

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to shawnandjeremy

No problem. You don't need all the expensive things, probably only really a large mat to cover the picnic table.

You don't have to spend a fortune. Those links are just to give you ideas of how things can be arranged for easy access - you can improvise with what you have.

I have scrapped in an empty house sitting on a cool-box with a wooden shelf across my knees. My travel scrapping kit was packed in cheap cardboard storage boxes fitted inside a packing crate. I used pill boxes from the dollar store for my brads and gems, and I saved clear plastic takeaway containers for my ribbons, die-cuts and adhesives, and old school pencil cases for markers and pencils. It's all good!

Guru
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Quilting/sewing mats are great if you need a larger mat than the standard ones you find in the scrapbook section.

I am not good at putting together kits beforehand...maybe one day. What I have found that works for me is working on one theme until I get done or sick of it and need a break. I pack only paper and embellishments related to that theme. It keeps me from bringing everything but the kitchen sink with me (although it still seems like I bring it). LOL I also bring post its or a notebook and write down anything that I would like to add (like paint or ink - cause sometimes I don't bring the extras like that).

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics