Page 1 of 22 
Username Post: February Photo Fun        (Topic#1593875)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO FEBRUARY 2014 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to upload a photo
1.Go to your gallery. Top right you will see Add Projects.
2. Choose File and Upload. If you upload more than 1 file you can categorize them in "Same" or "Seperate" Projects.
3. Select Image Type.
4. Add Title and Description to your photo. You have the option to categorize also. If you keep your photos somewhere specific be sure to add them to the appropriate album. Make sure to "SAVE" your changes if you add them to an album. The SAVE button is at the bottom of the pop up box, you'll probably have to scroll down to see it.
5. If you choose to submit an image for our end of month contest, please be sure to mark the "ALLOW EMBEDDING"
6. Click Submit. Your photo will now be in your gallery.

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share in your gallery.
2. To the right of your photo and around the bottom part of your image you will see EMBED. Click that.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Here you can also choose the size of the image you want to add to the thread. Click on the code box..it will turn purple. Right click on it to copy.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code with a right click of your mouse.
5. TaDa!!! You did it!

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.

**End of Month photo contest entry deadline: February 26th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 26th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

FEBRUARY Minis:

1 -V
2 -A
3 -L
4 -E
5 -N
6 -T
7 - I
8 -N
9 -E
10-S

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Well hello everyone! I can't promise a ton of pictures this month, but I'll try.

See you all soon.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Good morning!!!!!

Love the welcome Lori and cute minis!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

I was LAZY Linda!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom

Hiya, thanks for the new month Lori.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to rockmom

I'm back!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

Here I am!
Pretty Welcome! And I like the Minis. Easy for me to remember! HeeHee!

nanasan
Diva
nanasan
In response to 2xblessed

Oh wow..the minis will be fun! Thanks!

Count me in..........

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to nanasan

Check this out! My gf Elaine (friends since we were 12 years old!!!!) calls me and wakes me up to ask if I have plans for Feb 6, 7 or 8th. I say no and she hangs up. A bit later she calls...by this time I am awake, and tells me she got tickets for the two of us to go see Jersey Boys on Broadway and she's also taking me out to the Olive Garden for dinner!!! Huh???? It's HER birthday on the 7th! She giggled and said, I promised Bob I would take care of you while he is away! I'm gonnna insist on at least paying for the dinner....but what a beautiful way to start my day! Friends!!!!!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Linnny

aww, that is sweet Linda.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to rockmom

so sweet! Sounds like lots of fun.

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to KristaDee

Hi everyone. I am new to this and would like to join the photo fun. I got a DSLR last summer and have been working on learning how to use it. So I'm here if you'll have me!

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to Frau_Cooney

Of course I want to join again. I hope I get to take more pictures than in January.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to lgtaylor100

Welcome Frau! We are a group of ladies who share our photos and so much more! We have grown to love and think of each other as family (only better in some cases ). So, again I say welcome!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Welcome Frau! We always love having new friends! Are you a German teacher?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JFF.....

Disk label By Desilu3131

As many of you know I always do disks at the end of the season for all our team players. Worked on this today for a bit and I think I like it. I think the parents will appreciate their kids pic on the label more than the kid, lol. I had to find a program that worked with my Mac as the one I've used in years past is not compatible. I found a free Avery program and it pretty much works the same as what I used to use. Do you think the photo is to bold or not faded enough? I know it's not a great shot....just a quickie. What's your opinion please....

rockmom
Governor
rockmom

NOOO! It not too anything, its perfect, I really like it.

Hiya and welcome Frau.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Thanks Denise! I'm thinking it's good enough. I've been fighting with the printer tonight. Printed off another kids label and my ink was low. When I tried again the printer is giving me fits....the paper sensor doesn't think the paper is the right size....grrrr! Could be because I'm using the labels (or trying to) from the old program. I've printed on a piece of plain paper and am using the light to fit the label over and tape it on the paper.....apparently it's not worth the grief. Guess I'll buy the right labels and lose this fight!

Don't forget I'll be gone most of the day tomorrow. I don't think they will cancel the games even though we have a winter warning through tomorrow evening...these are league games and I'm pretty sure we have no time to make them up. The team we are playing we played a few weeks ago at our rink. Remember the game where the kids were big goons, their coach got ejected, and parents too? Oh...players were ejected too. Well, this is the same team....sigh. At least we are going knowing their coach is gone for the year along with one of the goon players. Their league officials are mortified with their behavior!

Have a great evening all! Hope to pop in sometime tomorrow night.

Oh....anyone else have a huge snow storm forecasted for early next week? I've heard just a bit on it and not actually where it's coming from. People here are going crazy. I've heard anywhere from 18-20"+. I'm ready!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - label looks great! I love that the photo is faded, but the team logo and name/number are bolder. Looks great.

Page 1 of 22 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics