Username Post: Marker Options        (Topic#1593891)
srichter
Resident
srichter

I am interested in getting a set of markers for minor coloring projects. I don't make cards with those cute little digi-characters, nor do I have character stamps. For that reason I think copics are not an option for me - too many colors and too much money per marker.

I was hoping to buy a set that blends well and also provides a good array of colors but not an overwhelming number.

Any suggestions?

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to srichter

I like Tombow Watercolor Markers a lot for minor coloring projects. However, they are not archival and can bleed because they are watercolor markers. Since I use them only for cards, this isn't a problem for me. I keep them from bleeding by sealing them with the Microglaze product after I'm done... so if they experience inclement weather in transit they should arrive in OK condition. They certainly blend beautifully with the included (in the larger sets) blending pen, a purchased water pen or just a brush dipped in water.

Otherwise, I have tried a few different stamping markers (which tend to be pigment ink I think). I understand that this should make them more archival. I've bought a couple of sets of the Marvy Uchida markers through the years. They blend some but have to be applied light to dark so that you don't permanently contaminate the lighter color with the darker tone. (That isn't necessary with the Tombow brand.) I have not tried the Inkadinkadoo brand before.

My next purchase though is going to be a nice, smaller set of colored pencils... which apply good color as well.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to srichter

I haven't used them but I have seen that the Spectrum Noir markers are more affordable and I think that they are much like copics

cinderella4282
Expert
cinderella4282
In response to Unique scrapper

I love the Tim Holtz distress markers.....they are watercolor and come in 38 different colors I think. I use them for everything.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics