Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: February Budget Challenge        (Topic#1593893)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Welcome to the February Budget Challenge!

We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on!

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

There is no longer a twist to indicate what you CANNOT buy in the month but if you can add one if you want.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Here is mine - really tightening my belt this month!
Budget: $30
Wishlist: Cricut matts, white cardstock, HS new goodies - stars, alphas, words, 'Believe' embellies
Twist: NOTHING else until I've made 6 projects!!! (I don't need anything anyway...)

Edited by SonjaC on 01-31-14 11:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

My DH would love for me to join this thread.... I think I will for a month anyway.

Goal: Under $50 I am already committed to a kit club that will come in the middle of the month so that will leave me about $10 not spoken for.

Wish list: ATG tape if it becomes necessary other than that there is nothing I need. Only paper I can't stay away from!!

Twist: nothing this time.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Welcome Sharon!
Since I always end up busting, I never tell DH I do this challenge... he'd want to see what I spent!! LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Hi Sharon!

As usual, I'm here.

Budget $75

Wish: I want 2 of the Prima doll stamps. I need the cowgirl and the mermaid. I'd love to find the SC feather wood veneer, some of the new SC enamel stuff (geo tags), white card stock, and I'm sure I'll edit for more in a while.

Twist: No paper. I really want paper, I so want paper. I have no more space to put paper.

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Welcome Sharon!
Since I always end up busting, I never tell DH I do this challenge... he'd want to see what I spent!! LOL

I was just thinking the same thing Sonja!!!!

thank you for the welcome Kelly, I can see now that it is going to be hard staying on budget. You have already listed things I didn't know I needed!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

I am here to share what I buy. I will set my budget higher and more realistic this month.

Budget $200

Wishlist $50 CTMH, $20 Copics, $130 misc

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

I like that generic '$130 misc' Tina! And I want your budget too!

Edited by SonjaC on 01-31-14 04:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Oh yes, Sharon, it's really hard sometimes! Kelly gets us the inside scoop on what new goodies have arrived at M's! She's a good enabler, but it's also fun to live vicariously through her spending - when she spends!

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to SonjaC

Me please can you believe I only spent $20 last month?

Only spent $10 on svg file and 10 on cardstock I am so proud of me lol

This month only spending $30 for cardstock and maybe some svg files

Cause Im not buying anything big till I use what I have and I must say working well so far.

Scrapanda
Governor
Scrapanda
In response to julie101

Here again and planning to not spend anything! I am at 24/100 pages for my personal no buy challenge.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
Here again and planning to not spend anything! I am at 24/100 pages for my personal no buy challenge.

Great Ideal I'm doing no buy but I always need cardstock

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

I'm here but I need to think on a budget.

umm Julie honey are you feeling okay? That is so not like you but I am proud of you

welcome Sharon!

Kelly - what is SC? I know I really shouldn't ask and I may be sorry but have to ask if there is something I might need out there.

Sonja love - Pot calling Kettle! LOL - have fun tomorrow and I heard there might be a chance that we may get the game on TV over hear - go Seahawks!

Tina - loving the strategy - up the budget so I do't bust. Seriously are you okay? I sometimes go through stages where I just don't care what I spend but that is usually when I am stressed out a bit. And then I can also go the opposite way and not spend a dang thing when I should be. hugs.

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 02-01-14 03:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I am going to be so messed up this month. I forgot about the charity crop I'm going to in three weeks!!! They have stuff (paper) cheep as well as prizes, I usually don't have to spend $ to be in the prizes. I can only hope I win the 50/50 pot(I keep 50% the charity gets the other 50%), that is free $ right??

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

yes - free money! And that never counts!

julie101
Idol
julie101

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
I'm here but I need to think on a budget.

umm Julie honey are you feeling okay? That is so not like you but I am proud of you

welcome Sharon!

Kelly - what is SC? I know I really shouldn't ask and I may be sorry but have to ask if there is something I might need out there.

Sonja love - Pot calling Kettle! LOL - have fun tomorrow and I heard there might be a chance that we may get the game on TV over hear - go Seahawks!

Tina - loving the strategy - up the budget so I do't bust. Seriously are you okay? I sometimes go through stages where I just don't care what I spend but that is usually when I am stressed out a bit. And then I can also go the opposite way and not spend a dang thing when I should be. hugs.

Oh Tammy I know right but I need to use what I got just got a little out of hand

Plus hubby and I want to buy a bigger house so time to save some extra dollars up

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

I hear you Julie!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

Can I join in here? I'm finally able to get back to scrappin!

My budget is $20. I only really need some good cardstock, stickles, inks, stamps. Solids, Glitter, Metallic.

Being on such a limited budget this month is gonna be a huge challenge in and of itself.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to flutterbye0419

I am fine Tammy, just being realistic. May be the winter blues or all the new spring things coming out, but I am on a spending spree. I leave for Mexico tomorrow so that will help the scrap budget for at least 8 days Have a great week ladies.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

you have a blast in Mexico!

Hi Dawn - all are welcome to the enabler (oops I mean) budget thread!

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics