Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: February ~ Four Categories Challenge ~ Winners announced!        (Topic#1593959)
dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90

Hi everyone! Welcome to another month of the Four Categories Challenge! This challenge is about using our 'stuff' and, maybe, trying something new.

The goal is to complete up to four different LO's, each one fulfilling a different category - product, color, technique, and theme. You may enter one LO for each category, but you may not use the same LO to fulfill more than one of these categories. You do not have to do all four. You may, of course, stack other challenges with any of the LO's you enter here. Only LO's created and uploaded between February 1 and midnight PST February 28, 2014 will qualify.

At the end of the month, I will ask you to vote for your top 3 favorites from each category. You will receive a vote for each of your LO's just for voting, and any twists that are completed will get an extra vote. Those who complete all four LO's will receive an additional vote for each of their LO's. I will create a poll with the top vote-getters from each category so we can choose an overall winner to whom I will send a small RAK. In addition, I will send a little something to an eligible challenge participant chosen by Random.org. To be eligible for this second RAK, a player must enter at least one LO in the challenge, check into the thread at least a few times during the month, AND send in votes before I set up the poll.

Please, read the specs for each challenge carefully! If you have a question, ask!

Category One ~ Product: Twine
A popular product right now is twine, and I want you to use it on one of your LO's this month: baker's twine, hemp cording, twisted jute – you choose.
Twist: Wrap some twine around one of your photos to earn the twist.

Category Two ~ Color: Navy Blue & Pink
I love the combination of Navy Blue and Pink. You can use any shades of pink with your navy, and they don't have to be the only colors on the page, but try and really feature them.
Twist: Add some glitter to your LO.

Category Three ~ Technique: Quilling
Quilling is a technique that I haven't seen as much of lately as I used to. It can be really fun and can be done with or without a quilling tool. There are lots of great tutorials out there to help you. Don’t let it scare you! You can do something as simple as a basic scroll or create extremely elaborate designs. Give it a try!
Twist: Use a quilled heart on your page.

Category Four ~ Theme: Snow Day
This has been one of the snowiest winters in a long time. It's February 1st and we're in the midst of another Winter Storm Warning here in Chicago with several more inches predicted before the end of the day. Do a page about a snow day activity. Do you bundle up and head outside? Do you hunker down with a cup of hot chocolate and the TV remote? Do you catch the first plane to a warm climate? For those who live where it doesn't snow, what is winter like for you? Do you go to the beach? Do you wish for snow? Interpret this theme any way you please. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!
Twist: Include a snowflake somewhere on your LO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The fine print:
1. Any size LO 8x8 or larger is allowed, including 2-pagers. Please post your 2-page LO's with one photo of both pages together. I will allow digi, but please realize some of the challenges will not apply to digi (especially in the technique category). If you can convince me that your digi LO fulfills the challenge, I will allow it. Keep in mind that the RAK will be for paper scrapping.

2. Please allow public embedding on your pages. Also, please specify the category in which you are entering your LO in your post and in your description. If applicable, please explain how your LO fits the challenge, and if you did the twist and where/how. Don't make me hunt for it. If I can't see it, and you didn't tell me about it, you won't get credit for it.

3. If you get love, leave love. I will not be a psycho about this, just do the best you can. However, if I notice that someone habitually neglects commenting on the other players' entry LO's, that person will be disqualified from winning the RAK. No one is going to be excluded from the voting or poll and the chance to win the challenge. I'm just reserving the right to NOT spend my own time and money on buying and shipping a RAK to a person who doesn't participate. It's only if I never or only rarely see the winner's posts on other LO's in the gallery or the winner is someone who doesn't check in here in the forum a few times a month that I will check into it further and decide for myself if I want to make the effort to send something out. Please, don't stress about it!

4. Please, only share LO's that fit one or more of the categories. Commenting on shared LO's is up to each individual player.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
January Winner!
Our Happy Place By Tena E.

Players:
1. Sandra (sasload4)
2. Aubs (aubrieannie)
3. Sue (jazzescrapper)
4. Amanda (Scrapanda) 1*,2
5. Becky (beck_bear) 1,2*,4*
6. Jen (Jen E) 1*
7. Laura (lcmemories) 1
8. Amy (AllAmy) 1*,2,4*
9. Olesya (OlesyaK.) 1*,2*,4*
10. Chris (Charris449) 1*,2
11. Lesley (LesleyC)
12. Linda (boricuapr) 1*
13. Sandy (writerlady)
14. Denay (denayc) 1*,2,3*
15. Sara (SaraS) 1,2,3,4*
16. Marci (MarciLB) 1*
17. Corky (under5feet)
18. Bonnie (sbartist) 1
19. Pam (fabricfrenzy) 1*,2*,3*,4*
20. Mary (GMFTS) 1*,4*
21. Linda (lindaj3) 1*
22. Eileen (ncyankee) 4*
23. Wendy (Wendy L) 1

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to dancinirish90

Category One ~ Product: Twine

Examples:
With twist
@ the Zoo By Dancinirish90

Without twist
Motherhood is Beary Exhausting By Dancinirish90

With twist
Santa Paws By Dancinirish90

Entries:
1*. Dear Santa 2013 By AllAmy

2*. Cheryl & Ross' Wedding By Scrapanda

3. 6th Grade Notes By Lcmemories

4*. Love (Morgan) By MarciLB

5. Create Share Inspire By Sbartist

6*. Like A Pro By OlesyaK.

7*. I Will Always Love You By GMFTS

8*. Family By Lindaj3

9*. Char-Char By Charris449

10. 6 months - pure joy By Beck_bear

11*. Brotherly love By Denayc

12. gingerbread houses By SaraS

13*. Sail on Sailor By Jen E

14*. Chupacabra By Boricuapr

15*. Q is for- Quiet Moments By Fabricfrenzy

16. Horizontal bungee By Wendy L

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90

Category Two ~ Color: Navy Blue & Pink

Examples:
With twist
make a wish By Dancinirish90

With twist
my Baby By Dancinirish90

With twist
April in Paris By Dancinirish90

Entries:
1. Cement Slide By AllAmy

2. My son on two graduation days By Charris449

3*. Dolphin Kiss By OlesyaK.

4. Oh so Happy Together By Denayc

5*. Nap Time By Fabricfrenzy

6*. Go Seahawks 2014 By Beck_bear

7. Addy 12 mo. By SaraS

8. Concert Goers By Scrapanda

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90

Category Three ~ Technique: Quilling

Examples:
Without twist
Bloom By Dancinirish90

Without twist
Water Lilies By Dancinirish90

With twist
Cassie is 10! By Dancinirish90

With twist
Peace on Earth By Dancinirish90

Entries:
1*. Us By Denayc

2. family pics 2007 By SaraS

3*. I'm looking for something in White By Fabricfrenzy

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90

Category Four ~ Theme: Snow Day

Examples:
Winter By Dancinirish90

Bundled Up By Dancinirish90

Entries:
1*. Candyland Joy By AllAmy

2*. Bundled Up By Fabricfrenzy

3*. Snow Snow Snow By Ncyankee

4*. skiing By SaraS

5*. Jasper National: mountain sheep By Beck_bear

6*. Snow By GMFTS

7*. Snow Pile By OlesyaK.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

I'll give this a try again!

aubrieannie
Veteran
aubrieannie
In response to sasload4

I'm going to say I'm in...but I'm not sure I will get anything done. My scrapbook room is still being built but will be done soon. I think as soon as it finishes, I will be going on a scrapping binge!!!! So, I am going to get in while I can!!!!

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to aubrieannie

I love this challenge and would love to play along.

Scrapanda
Mayor
Scrapanda
In response to aubrieannie

Would love to join in again - although I have no idea hat quilling is! Off to check that out.

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to Scrapanda

i would love to join, didn't get as many done last month as i would have liked since i injured my back but hoping to get back into scrapping soon

Jen E
Jen E 
Pro
Jen E
  • Jen E on 02-01-14 03:46 PM
In response to beck_bear

I'd like to give this a chance again! I haven't been here on sb.com in so long, Ive missed these challenges!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to beck_bear

I will play again. It snowed here last week, so I have snow photos that need a page.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to lcmemories

navy with pink- never tried it. I'm inspired.
Quilling?? Not sure I can. I do love that you are pushing us!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to AllAmy

fun categories! count me in!

Charris449
Expert
Charris449
In response to OlesyaK.

I'm in

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to Charris449

Welcome everyone!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

Knock knock, can I come in?

Diva
In response to LesleyC

In again!!!

writerlady
Expert
writerlady
In response to boricuapr

I'd like to give this a try.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to writerlady

Categories 1 twine with twist around photo
Dear Santa 2013 By AllAmy

Categories 4 Snow Day -see the cotton snow, that's how you do snow in sunny Florida in December!!
Candyland Joy By AllAmy

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics