Hi everyone! Welcome to another month of the Four Categories Challenge! This challenge is about using our 'stuff' and, maybe, trying something new.
The goal is to complete up to four different LO's, each one fulfilling a different category - product, color, technique, and theme. You may enter one LO for each category, but you may not use the same LO to fulfill more than one of these categories. You do not have to do all four. You may, of course, stack other challenges with any of the LO's you enter here. Only LO's created and uploaded between February 1 and midnight PST February 28, 2014 will qualify.
At the end of the month, I will ask you to vote for your top 3 favorites from each category. You will receive a vote for each of your LO's just for voting, and any twists that are completed will get an extra vote. Those who complete all four LO's will receive an additional vote for each of their LO's. I will create a poll with the top vote-getters from each category so we can choose an overall winner to whom I will send a small RAK. In addition, I will send a little something to an eligible challenge participant chosen by Random.org. To be eligible for this second RAK, a player must enter at least one LO in the challenge, check into the thread at least a few times during the month, AND send in votes before I set up the poll.
Please, read the specs for each challenge carefully! If you have a question, ask!
Category One ~ Product: Twine
A popular product right now is twine, and I want you to use it on one of your LO's this month: baker's twine, hemp cording, twisted jute – you choose.
Twist: Wrap some twine around one of your photos to earn the twist.
Category Two ~ Color: Navy Blue & Pink
I love the combination of Navy Blue and Pink. You can use any shades of pink with your navy, and they don't have to be the only colors on the page, but try and really feature them.
Twist: Add some glitter to your LO.
Category Three ~ Technique: Quilling
Quilling is a technique that I haven't seen as much of lately as I used to. It can be really fun and can be done with or without a quilling tool. There are lots of great tutorials out there to help you. Don’t let it scare you! You can do something as simple as a basic scroll or create extremely elaborate designs. Give it a try!
Twist: Use a quilled heart on your page.
Category Four ~ Theme: Snow Day
This has been one of the snowiest winters in a long time. It's February 1st and we're in the midst of another Winter Storm Warning here in Chicago with several more inches predicted before the end of the day. Do a page about a snow day activity. Do you bundle up and head outside? Do you hunker down with a cup of hot chocolate and the TV remote? Do you catch the first plane to a warm climate? For those who live where it doesn't snow, what is winter like for you? Do you go to the beach? Do you wish for snow? Interpret this theme any way you please. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!
Twist: Include a snowflake somewhere on your LO.
The fine print:
1. Any size LO 8x8 or larger is allowed, including 2-pagers. Please post your 2-page LO's with one photo of both pages together. I will allow digi, but please realize some of the challenges will not apply to digi (especially in the technique category). If you can convince me that your digi LO fulfills the challenge, I will allow it. Keep in mind that the RAK will be for paper scrapping.
2. Please allow public embedding on your pages. Also, please specify the category in which you are entering your LO in your post and in your description. If applicable, please explain how your LO fits the challenge, and if you did the twist and where/how. Don't make me hunt for it. If I can't see it, and you didn't tell me about it, you won't get credit for it.
3. If you get love, leave love. I will not be a psycho about this, just do the best you can. However, if I notice that someone habitually neglects commenting on the other players' entry LO's, that person will be disqualified from winning the RAK. No one is going to be excluded from the voting or poll and the chance to win the challenge. I'm just reserving the right to NOT spend my own time and money on buying and shipping a RAK to a person who doesn't participate. It's only if I never or only rarely see the winner's posts on other LO's in the gallery or the winner is someone who doesn't check in here in the forum a few times a month that I will check into it further and decide for myself if I want to make the effort to send something out. Please, don't stress about it!
4. Please, only share LO's that fit one or more of the categories. Commenting on shared LO's is up to each individual player.
Our Happy Place By Tena E.
1. Sandra (sasload4)
2. Aubs (aubrieannie)
3. Sue (jazzescrapper)
4. Amanda (Scrapanda) 1*,2
5. Becky (beck_bear) 1,2*,4*
6. Jen (Jen E) 1*
7. Laura (lcmemories) 1
8. Amy (AllAmy) 1*,2,4*
9. Olesya (OlesyaK.) 1*,2*,4*
10. Chris (Charris449) 1*,2
11. Lesley (LesleyC)
12. Linda (boricuapr) 1*
13. Sandy (writerlady)
14. Denay (denayc) 1*,2,3*
15. Sara (SaraS) 1,2,3,4*
16. Marci (MarciLB) 1*
17. Corky (under5feet)
18. Bonnie (sbartist) 1
19. Pam (fabricfrenzy) 1*,2*,3*,4*
20. Mary (GMFTS) 1*,4*
21. Linda (lindaj3) 1*
22. Eileen (ncyankee) 4*
23. Wendy (Wendy L) 1