Username Post: ink spray question        (Topic#1594001)
New Kid On the Block

Hi! I'm new here, so I will apologize if this has been discussed before. I like to use ink sprays on my 12" by 12" card stock layouts. After spraying and drying the paper buckles. I do not like the look of this. Is there a mist that does not do this or a trick to prevent this?
Thanks!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to skpwith3

You are spraying too much too quickly and saturating the paper. Do a few mists evenly and let it dry, then do a few more. If you get the paper too wet, it will do that

Edited by m.perk on 02-03-14 09:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to m.perk

Different quality of paper matters too. Play around with it. I've also tried ironing the wrinkled, dry paper with varied success. Good luck!

aubrieannie
Veteran
aubrieannie
In response to cindy312

Also, you can try placing it under a heavy flat object for a while to get it flat-ish again. The quality of paper really does matter here. Heavier paper won't do it as quickly as flimsy paper.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to aubrieannie

I spray on almost every layout, paper buckles.

Using too much will saturate it and exaggerate the buckling. But, it is paper and it is getting wet, so it will warp a little.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-05-14 11:52 AM
In response to Manda_K

Agreed, spray less to keep it from getting too wet.

Heavier papers handle it better, and watercolor or mixed media papers seem to work best.

If you spray too much, you can quickly roll over it with a paper towel to mop up the excess and that will help some. Also you can tape down the edges using the blue painter's tape so that the paper is mostly flat and dry it with a heat tool. That seems to help mine flatten back out.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Vae

A heat tool is definitely your misting friend.

heidihug
Resident
heidihug
In response to Manda_K

Yep, I use my heat gun when spraying, gessoing, etc. Also, that old standby of putting the paper under a heavy object overnight helps, too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics