Username Post: Lamp?        (Topic#1594069)
bonprof
Diva
bonprof

I need a good lamp for my scrap room desk. What do you suggest? Thanks for your help.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to bonprof

An Ott Lite.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Rosita

I love the Ott Lights but the lamps themselves are kind of expensive. I bought an Ott bulb and put it in a regular desk lamp, and it's perfect.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to flintridgescrapper

Ott!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Luvmyfam

I bought a goose neck floor lamp that I move around my room as needed. I'm just going to buy an OTT replacement bulb for it.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to NMlady

Another vote for Ott... buy when you have a coupon.

Veteran
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Another vote for Ott light.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to GAKropper

Another vote for Ott! They are expensive, but so worth it. Joann's carries them, frequently has them on sale and almost always has a coupon you can use even in sale items.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to chocolateaxel

Thanks everyone!! You have been so helpful.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to bonprof

I ordered one from JoAnn's f or a birthday present for a friend just last week, got it for $25.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 02-09-14 02:03 PM
In response to Rosita

Stella Lamps are also very nice. They have three different settings, and they are LED, so the life of the light is 10 years or more.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Rae_M

I bought an OTT bulb and it didn't fit my silly lamp. I put it in the main pendant in the centre of the room but it isn't bright enough by itself.

We've now bought LED strips to be mounted under the shelving on the walls in my corner. DH hasn't installed them yet, but they should give plenty of light with no shadows and the cost to run them will be miniscule. I'm excited about trying them out but it means removing everything off 2 big shelving units and on and underneath my whole desk - that's a big job so we haven't done it yet.

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to RedSquirrel

I agree with OTT. I have a floor version and a portable desktop version (plugs in). At my last crop I saw an even smaller portable one that is battery operated, but I think you are decorating your new space, so plugs will likely work for you.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics