Username Post: Hidden Hinge Binding for Mini Albums        (Topic#1594077)
crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping

I'm using Kathy Orta's Hidden Hinge binding system from her youtube video for my mini album. Problem is that i want to do 10 pages and she does 6. This requires two sheets of paper. The paper I used is rather thick. All i did was overlap one hinge. Do you think that will hold? Has anyone done more than 6 hinges.

New Kid On the Block
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

I'm taking a hidden hinge class at the ck convention. I've never made a mini album. I can't wait to learn how to make something new.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Jstblondie

You can butt the paper up against the other piece (I have done this before), Cathy's orginal method used several pieces (one for each page). I saw this somewhere else firist but Cathy may have come up with it.

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping
In response to CorrieW

Thanks. I can tell that it's going to take me a long time to do this book. Im going to buy a tutorial off of etsy.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

Here is the you tube tutorial I used but after a while I modified it a bit. I found this when Kathy was using a different method involving a piece for each page. the only change I made to this is that I now do every 3/8 for all score lines so that the page has more to grab on to. Also the more pages will weigh more so I would recommend doing it portrait orientation otherwise the pages will pull from the binding. Also recommend miracle tape from viva las vegas stamps, in 1" or 2" width. It's super strong and cheaper than score tape.

This post shows three albums I made in portrait orientation

http://www.corriescrafts.blogspot.ca/2014/01/mini-album...

This post shows one in landscape and I had to use super strong adhesive to hold the binding to the cover so that it didn't pull away

http://corriescrafts.blogspot.ca/2013/09/spellbinders-b ...

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CorrieW

I have overlayed paper to make bigger kathy Orta hidden hinge works fine I usually use AC cardstock and have had as many as 20 pages in an album.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics