Username Post: s/o of craze thread...tell me about your stamps        (Topic#1594127)
Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.

In the craze thread, several of you said you were into stamps. Some of the ones you posted are gorgeous! I don't use many stamps because I don't make many cards and I could never figure out how to use them on a layout. So, my question to you is, do you use these beautiful stamps just on cards or do you also use them on layouts? If you use them on layouts, can you show me some examples of how you have used them? Also, do you stamp with colored ink, do you color them - with what? Markers, colored pencil? I want to use pretty stamps but don't know what to do with them!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Mary W.

I do have a lot of stamps and I do not even make cards. Not yet, I plan to in the future but haven't even tried. When I buy stamps I have a layout, often an ancestry one that I have in mind. Example I have several L&N Railroad Conductors in my family so I had to have TH On The Railroad! I used a bunch of stamps including Inkadinakoo BG gears for the background for this LO. I frequently use stamps with or without embossing on LO...not all but frequently.

L&N Conductors By CrimsonMama

Edited by CrimsonMama on 02-11-14 10:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Mary W.

Hi Mary!

I am so very new at this, but I wanted to tell you what I learned this weekend.

I have stamps, but am primarily a scrapbooker. So they sit unused.I also find it a pain that once you stamp, then you have to clean the stamp, and I always end up with blue fingers by the time I'm done. I also found I stink at putting ink on the stamp from a pad so when I stamp the image isn't clean all the way around.... Then I went to a stamping show here in Clearwater this weekend.

I did their make and take night, and was introduced to markers. Apparently if you use water based markers, you can color right on the stamp! So much neater than what I've been doing. These ladies all said alcohol based markers is a no no. So I bought some markers.

What I did notice is that people who stamp, they stamp then color.... A LOT of coloring going on. One woman who sat next to me said she'll stamp a bunch, color them, then cut them out and stores them until she's ready to use them.

I bought some stamps I thought were cute, with the idea of stamp, color, then store in my scraprack and hopefully I'll use them in a layout someday.

So I'm very much like you, I have them but don't use them. I'd like to though.

Hope this helps!
Shawn

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Mary W.

I also am in love with dress form both stamped images and chip board, and corsets!

Embossed corset image:

Roxie 1908 By CrimsonMama

Dress forms stamps, Embossed TH dress form and small background dress form (not embossed)

Cherish By CrimsonMama

I'm thinking of adding some of the Deep Red Stamps dress forms to my collection.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 02-11-14 11:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to CrimsonMama

Vicki,
Thank you so much for sharing those layouts! I'm in awe! They are all gorgeous! I see how you used the stamps, and I'm definitely going to see if I have any I can use as a background. Your railroad layout is inspiring! I'm sure I have something I can emboss too. I also like what you did with the chipboard dress form.

Thanks again for sharing those!

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to Mary W.

Shawn,
I've been to that stamp show in Clearwater before (several years ago) but haven't gone lately because I just haven't been into stamping. I'll have to try the coloring thing.

Last year at the Expo I did a make n take using copics where we stamped, colored the image, then cut it out. We made a card. It was fun but I don't have all those colors of markers, and they're expensive! I guess I could build up a stash...hmmm...might become my next obsession!

Thanks for sharing what you learned!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Mary W.

Oh you are welcome. I am also using quite a few stamps on my genealogy boo pages because I want those to be FLAT. Not a lot of embellishment. Stamping adds a lot without depth.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics