Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: New cricut debuts tonight        (Topic#1594129)
Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

I'm really curious to see what it does... I'll be watch hsn

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Sunnydi

I'm pretty sure I won't be buying it, but still would like to take a look.
Does it air at midnight?

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to ChansGram

thanks for sharing

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to cescrapper

yes midight, I am going to have to tape it

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to tinadn

Tuned in and it's been on already. They have sold 5700 already! I missed the demo, but I think it will be on again, on the hour.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to ChansGram

Trish the pressure is one!!! Limited stock they are speaking to YOU. LOL

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to creater1

No way Jackie !

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to ChansGram

Lots and lots of FREE FREE FREE stuff. I can't stress to you that you will get..... and it is all FREE.
Just kidding I got such a kick out of how much stuff you are getting for free.
I have to say it must be awesome if it can cut the details that Anna Griffin is known for.
Hopefully it is not like all the previous PC new stuff where the first buyers are the research and development department.
Interesting to watch. I personally will stick with the Cameo due to the print and cut feature. But we all know different machine are necessary for all the different ideas that are out there.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to creater1

I was just wondering how well it will cut small intricate items.
All of the Cricuts cut decent if the design is large enough, it's the small intricate ones where the Cricut doesn't fair so well.
They did show a somewhat small butterfly cut that looked pretty good.
When they were showing all the different materials that it will cut, I noticed they had a rather large simple butterfly cut to use as an example.

I guess my point is, does the machine just have more bells and whistles or does it actually cut better than all the rest of the Cricuts?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to ChansGram

I watched and am shocked at how little information they shared about how it works, etc. Terrible roll out as far as I'm concerned but a lot sold... There was one tiny mention that you need to be hooked up to a computer by Anna.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to Sunnydi

I suppose that is the beauty of HSN. No hassle return.
I hope PC does better with this and I hope that their smart technology is just that.
So many people bought them so for them I hope they love there machines as we love ours.
With the exception of the Cricut Imagine I think most have been pretty good.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to creater1

Diana, I thought that there wasn't enough about how the machine works, but I got on late, so thought I missed it.
Still confused about the "membership" thing.
On HSN they said 3 months free, then on another thread here, there was mention about the monthly membership and it was said that PC was changing their mind about that?? Very confused, but guess it doesn't matter for me, as I won't be buying!
They definitely sold through them like crazy!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to creater1

• creater1 Said:

Hopefully it is not like all the previous PC new stuff where the first buyers are the research and development department.

OMG! This made me choke on my coffee at the humorous truism of this statement.

It one of the reasons I am starting to look at the cameo for the next "upgrade". Along with the way they drop product lines with out thinking of their customers has gotten old.

Edited by jaxxan on 02-12-14 10:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to jaxxan

Sorry Jaxxan for almost making you choke. Doesn't get any more straight forward than what many of us have experienced right.

Although I loved my Cricut Expressions I found that it was a too cumbersome to find my images by looking through all 90 books or having to run to the computer to look up an image.
Many of their cartridges are awesome but they don't always fit together like they should.

I have switched to Cameo and love it. I love the fact that everything you piece together actually fits.
I love that they have partnered with many of my favorite paper lines for the print and cut feature.
Most of all I love how much better the cuts are. This machine and the software are super user friendly and the details in the cuts are amazing.
Oh and yes you get to use you True Type fonts right from your own personal collection. MY FAVORITE.
Amazing and well worth the money.

Expert
In response to creater1

I stayed up last night to watch, and they didn't "wow' me. Before I knew it, it was completely sold out.
I really don't think I want it.
Time will tell, (along with maybe a sale)...lol.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to creater1

Creater1 I couldn't agree with you more. I was saying in another thread how little tolerance I have for poor customer service. PC has definitely hit that button to the point of it being permanently stuck in the ticked off position.

My disclaimer is that I have liked the craft room for the ease of finding images. However it not enough to fix my button.

Here is the subtle interesting thing for me, when I see someone talking about their cameo or silhouette it is all positive. Most of the time the word "love" is in the sentence. I don't hear people complaining about the company or even having to deal with the company because their product and process works. I don't think any amount of advertising could speak more highly of a company than the lack of those kind of statements. Their customers are only focused on the product not the company practices because the company isn't messing with their money or their trust.

Your testimony is just another reason to lean toward getting one of their products.

Anyway, thanks for the chuckle earlier and the straight forwardness of your post. I am getting off my soapbox now.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to jaxxan

Thanks for alerting us to the HSN shows, or I wouldn't have known about them. I recorded the first 2 shows after midnight and the last 2 shows of the day to watch later. I was surprised that they sold out so soon after only the first 2 shows. The rest of the day's papercrafting shows were devoted to other items.

I ended up buying 2 of those other items -- the Xyron adhesive gun and the We R Memories box maker.

For the first half-hour of the midnight show, they did not bother explaining how to get the images into the machine, though I suspected it was connected to a laptop that you couldn't see. And no mention of the Craft Room. I would NOT buy ANY cricut machine that requires a computer to work with it. I have absolutely no room in my house to put the two together. I have the first Expression and a Gypsy which is all I need.

That hype about unlimited 3 months free -- what happens after those 3 months are up? Are you going to download all those thousands of images to save before the 3 months are up? You have to shell out more money to keep going. I would NOT buy into anything that requires a subscription. It's enough that we have to keep paying for TV and phone service, without having another bill to worry about.

I think Provocraft was trying to compete with the Cameo, with the idea of using downloaded images, but they went a little further with the idea, plus added subscription costs. The only thing new is the combination of cutting and writing, and the ease of selecting different materials to cut. The believe the HSN package also included free digital images of several cartidges.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Solitaire

I appreciate all of this feedback. I do not have an electronic cutting machine yet. I have a Grand Calibur and that is great for me and I probably could just be happy with that forever. However, the Cameo is tempting to me. I was wondering if this new Cricut by PC would be earth shattering and it seems that it's not really that different. Considering the totality of ALL of the feedback about Cricut vs Cameo, I'm going with the Cameo if I dive in for an electronic machine.

This can all be very confusing if you don't have one and have never been around one.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to CrimsonMama

Given Provo Crafts history of charging ridiculous prices for everything new I can only imagine that the subscription will be astronomical.

Edited by jaxxan on 02-13-14 02:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to jaxxan

I have the same problem with my cartridges. It is too hard to use the handbooks. Just ordered a cord to go from my laptop to my Cricut. Will try it out this weekend. I do love the titles on the Cricut. I have had a Cameo since last Christmas and love it. It is easy to use after you spend a little time with it. Out LSS had two classes on how to use it and it made everything so easy. I can see why people choose the Silhouette over the Cricut. If I could only pick one, it would be the Silhouette.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics