Username Post: Cutting chipboard with window for book cover        (Topic#1594135)
New Kid On the Block

I make books with Graffix medium weight chipboard covers. Right now, I hand cut the chipboard down to 8 3/4"X11 1/4" with a mat cutter. I also cut two windows out. One window is about 1/2" X 4". The other window is a large rectangle for a picture to show through. I AM SICK OF THE MAT CUTTER. Is there a machine that will cut 12"X12" chipboard to a size you want and cut windows out. I make a ton of these and need the answer. I was looking at the Sizzix Big Shot Pro, but I can't tell if it will work. Suggestions?? HELP!!

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to sarahviolet

as a novice, my answer is that the Big Shot will NOT work to do what you want. I DO believe that the Cricut machine would work with a deep cut blade but I will not swear to that. Hopefully, someone with more experience will answer your question.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Unique scrapper

great question!!! I have the same issue but I have a ce2 and have NEVER DARED to try it on chipboard!!! might break!!!>??
I make some mini albums (bag, coffee sleeve,coaster, accordian etc...
not sure what you could find to do the trick??? Maybey you could change your binding and invest in the bindery (dont have one ...YET)!!!good luck,
mg

New Kid On the Block
In response to mindygail

We have a very nice coil binding machine. I just can't figure out a better way to cut the chipboard. Ugh.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics