Username Post: Very basic program needed for club scrapbook        (Topic#1594225)
New Kid On the Block

I have recently agreed to be the historian for an organization--the primary duty of whom is to maintain a scrapbook of the year's activities. I've been thinking that it would be fun to do this in digital form rather than just Aunt Nelly's paper scrapbook, and I've done a little googling about possibilities. However, I thought I'd ask the experts for some recommendations.

I'm looking for a very basic program--headlines, text, pix, minimal graphics--and free. I would like to be able to print a copy at the end of the year but also share it online with the club members. In my research so far, several people have recommended just good old MS Publisher and/or Powerpoint. Will this work?

I am a former high school yearbook adviser, so I don't need much in the way of templates--just basic blank pages, printable (one copy for the file), publishable online, and FREE!

Thank you in advance to anyone who can set me on the right road here.

In response to CompleteNovice

I don't do digital, so can't be much help, but I know there are many here who do wonderful digital work and will have thoughts for you.

Why not consider also using your experience as a yearbook advisor to create a stunning "paper and paste" scrapbook?

My background is in graphic design (using both manual and digital techniques) for the print media, and I find creating beautiful paper pages by hand both challenging and satisfying.

It really doesn't have to be expensive either. If you check out the gallery here you will find thousands of clean, simple, graphically sophisticated pages that cost very little to create.

Whatever you decide to do, I really hope you will share your pages here with us. Can't wait to see! Much luck.

In response to NMscrapper

I would recommend Shutterfly. You can create a book that way...and it can be shared, etc.

RedSquirrel UK
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Rosita

Have you looked at Smilebox? I made a book using that before I started paper scrapping.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics