Username Post: Ikea has discontinued the EXPEDIT        (Topic#1594283)
PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

If you were looking for an Expedit for your scrap room, get one now before it is gone.

n2shopn
New Kid On the Block
n2shopn
In response to PhotobearSam

Where did you find out they were discontinuing the expedit?

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to n2shopn

Where did you hear this? I was just at Ikea on Sunday and it didn't show on clearance and there's nothing about it on their website.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to fknapoleon

If you Google it, you will find something about it in Germany. Folks are blogging about it as records (vinyl LPs) fit it them and they are mourning the loss of their LP storage.

There was something about a replacement product that was not as thick as the Expedit.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to corrie fan

Too bad, I love my expedits. They are great shelving at a very reasonable price. Perfect dimensions for scrappers.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to olleharr

That really stinks. I was hoping to get them this summer.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to fknapoleon

They're replacing it with something similar, thank goodness. Though not the 5x5, which is my favorite. Here's an article:

http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2014/02/19/ikea-exped it-...

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping
In response to cindy312

It's to save on the total use of wood. The outer edge will not be as wide but the internal dimensions of the shelves will be the same.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

The new system will be called Kallax and it's nice but I prefer the Expedit.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to PhotobearSam

I've noticed other dept stores are starting to sell similar shelving, even Walmart.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to olleharr

I bought a similar unit at Target about seven years ago, but it's not quite deep enough for my albums - someday I'll actually be near an Ikea and get a chance to get the good stuff.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

I was hoping to buy one this year..but I will be happy to have a replacement as long as he shelves are the same inside & they have white. :):)

crystalmorse
Guru
crystalmorse
In response to anda11

I found out last weekend when I went to pick up my drawers and doors. I wanted black to match my unit but they told me they were discontinued. I literally almost threw a fit in the middle of the store. What to do!!!??? They had zero drawers left and only the mirrored doors. I grabbed up 8 of them and was able to find some beautiful baskets. But man did my blood pressure go up!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics