Username Post: Best Tote for Crops        (Topic#1594383)
sarahbeth46
New Kid On the Block
sarahbeth46

Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to scrapbooking and so far I have attended one crop. I took about a bajillion tote bags to it. I'm looking to invest in a rolling tote to take my stuff to day crops.

Does anyone have a favorite rolling tote? I looked on Amazon and there seem to be a lot of choices.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to sarahbeth46

I don't use a tote, but I'd recommend searching here and reading the reviews. I usually find them very helpful. Good luck!

Frau_Cooney
Idol
Frau_Cooney
In response to cindy312

I have the Crop In Style XXL. It is big, sturdy, rolls well. The inside is spacious positionable dividers so you can customize to your needs. The outside pockets have lots of small pockets for things like punches, stamps, or other small things you want to bring.

I'm trying to link to it below, but in case that doesn't work, check the Totes section of the Superstore.

Colorbok - Crop In Style - XXL Tote - Black

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Frau_Cooney

Crop in Style and Cropper Hopper were the original tote makers, then others started to do it too. What I liked about these two companies was the quality of their products. Mine have lasted for over 10 years. Think about how much wear and tear they take getting in and out the car, crop space or just during the crop.

That said, We R Memories just came out with a line that I thought has some innovative ideas so I think they are worth a look. I base that on their reputation for making quality, innovative tools.

Keep in mind the totes can be really heavy once loaded with punches, paper, trimmers etc. I would pay attention to what they say about their wheels and the frame construction. It might be worth that extra few dollars to get one that won't fall apart so easily.

I second the suggestion to start with the super store here since their products are geared for the scrapper.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to jaxxan

You can purchase something that looks like a wagon... but it has higher sides. It holds a LOT of smaller tubs, boxes, cases, etc. Of course.. you would need to load it up each time unless you want a wagon in your craft area. Sometimes crops have a limit as to how much space your storage items can take up... although most croppers can manage because your stuff fits under the table space you are assigned. I would try to use something you already have... milk crates, etc. until you go to a crop and can see what types of totes are available and how well you like them. They are quite an investment.

sarahbeth46
New Kid On the Block
sarahbeth46
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Thanks to everyone for their input. I think I'm going to go with the We R Memory Keepers one for now. It seems like a manageable size, and since I'm only doing day crops I like that it has little removable pockets for everything. When I get "hard core" and start going to retreats, maybe I'll invest in a bigger one!

aubrieannie
Veteran
aubrieannie
In response to sarahbeth46

For retreats, I have way too much stuff for expensive bags. I do big plastic tubs and fill them with shoe boxes. The tubs when closed are extra storage and the shoe boxes keep things together. Works out really well for me.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to aubrieannie

I bought the rolling cart from Wal-mart. It has a telescoping handle and looks kind of like a milk crate bottom. It is usually in the office supply department at Wal-mart. Cheaper than the scrapbooking totes and will hold lots of smaller plastic boxes or 12x12 paper.

Guru
In response to idlewoman

I use Rubbermaid totes and suitcases.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics