Username Post: need inspiration help        (Topic#1594423)
Tenant

While cleaning out my house in preparation for moving, I recently found a box of 5x5 proofs of all my wedding pictures. I have a professional bound album with all of the enlargements, but decided I want to put the proofs in an album too. I came across some 12x12 page protectors that are divided into 4 6x6 squares at the local thrift shop and bought them for this project. Now I'm stuck. The 5x5 proofs do not leave much room on a 6x6 LO for embellishments. But I don't want to just mount them on paper and be done. On the other hand, I don't want to spend a lot of time on each LO, because there's 75 pictures. Also, I don't want to do the same LO over and over again. I have a Silhouette so I can cut titles and other. I need LO ideas! I've already looked through the gallery at 6x6 LOs but they generally use much smaller pictures and/or are too involved. Any ideas?

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to rebeccarichards

maybe don't put pics in every square. use some of the squares to use for embellishment purposes.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to ScrapAddict21

Good idea Renee. Rebecca, why don't you check out some of the Project Life pages for ideas?

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to RedSquirrel

Choose a color theme for the book...should be pretty easy for wedding pics, then each page is cohesive but you can choose embellies to suit. I have done the same 6-page lo for an event, it looks great if the paper is understated so your pictures stand out well against it. Also, titles n embellies change up the monotony. Don't choose too busy a sketch either.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Juansmom

My suggestion since you are using 12x12 pages that are divided into 4, is not to look at it as 4 6x6 layouts, but as I 12x12 layout. Use one or two of the spots for photos, one for journaling/title and one for embellishment/decorating. This is kind of like the Project Life pages that RedSquirrel suggested you look at for ideas. That way you don't have to come up with as many "different" page ideas but can still have some variety.

Scrap Hatcher
Expert
Scrap Hatcher
In response to Babylou

I had the same problem with Disney pictures trying to squeeze them all into a small album. I grouped some of them, for example, several photos in front of Cinderella's castle, and chose my favorite to be the main one. Then, with the others, I made some fold out accordion or book style from the main one, others flipped open like the cardboard sides of a box. You could do that, putting them inside one sleeve, and then in an opposite sleeve, use color, embellies, and journaling, as some have already suggested.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Scrap Hatcher

You can also still do regular 12x12 pages interspersed through to break up the 12x12 by 4 pages. I like the idea of using one of the four for journaling and blingy.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics