Username Post: Sizzix Big Shot and its so many colors...        (Topic#1594425)
jscandyapple
Tenant
jscandyapple

Hi everyone. I'm new here at sb.com. I've been making cards for obout 2 years now. I just have a few questions about the sizzix big shot. I have a silhouette cameo but it does not emboss so I am planning on purchasing one of these machines mainly for embossing purposes. I have done research and it seems that this machine fits my needs. But, There are so many colors.. purple, pink and black,black, brown(special edition), pink hello kitty and teal. Does this mean anything? are they all the same? It seems as though they are the same but I cant find any reviews. Any information and advise is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Jesica

jscandyapple
Tenant
jscandyapple
In response to jscandyapple

also what are "BIGZ" dies and folders?.. will it fit those?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

The different colored machines are all pretty much the same.

Many Bigz dies will fit, but Bigz Pro will not, and Bigz XL dies will require a longer cutting pad.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to aquabunny

I recieved an original black (with pink accents) big shot and so far all I have is two embossing folders have never cut with it yet!!!
good luck

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to mindygail

The BigKick and BigShot are the same too. I did have one more thought for you. If you KNOW you're only going to use it for embossing and won't be die-cutting, sizzix does make a cheaper machine that does embossing folders only called the Texture Boutique. Have fun!
Products Referenced in This Post:

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to scrapchica

Cuttlebug is a good option for embossing.

jscandyapple
Tenant
jscandyapple
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Ok I did my research and I went to hobby lobby and bought a sizzix texture boutique. I have used it a few times and its been amazing! I love it. Thanks for all the input everyone. I really appreciate it!

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl

I wonder if there is a bigger cutting surface? I have a BigKicks and bought the Elizabeth Crafts Flip it cards and my cards wont fit thu it, I have to trim them down.

Well, I found the answer. Ebosser...it embosses and cuts too. I think they said the area is 8 inches by 10 inches. The only drawback is it is electric. Any one have it? And do you like it?

Edited by southgirl on 03-25-14 10:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics