Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: March Budget Challenge        (Topic#1594569)
newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Welcome to the March Budget Challenge!

We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on!

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

There is no longer a twist to indicate what you CANNOT buy in the month but if you can add one if you want.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Budget: $150
Needs: CTMH artbooking cart (that's $100 which is why my budget is so high), chalkboard font cartridge, prima mists, bling I can't believe I'm low!,

Twist: no paper unless it's for a specific project!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Thanks for posting this, Courtney! Sorry I dropped the ball this weekend! I ran out of time to do this Friday and then never got much chance to get online over the weekend - even though we were housebound all day Saturday!

Anyway, glad you're back Courtney! I gladly and respectfully rellinquish the Queen of Bust title to you! Tho I'd like to point out that I didn't actually bust in February!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Now... that said, here's my budget for March... have to include my $30 gift certificate I just won on here! And Expo is in two weeks... oh boy...

Budget: $100
$40 sb.com
$50 Expo
$10 Misc
Wishlist: New Cricut/Gypsy chord, gluearts glue tape 3-pack, CW or Prima masks, neutral Gelatos and pretty much anything I find that I have to have!
Twist: No Cricut carts! STICK TO BUDGET!!!

How's that for a loophole the size of Texas?

Edited by SonjaC on 03-03-14 12:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

$50 Expo - Ahhhh yeah okay!

anyway here is mine - my sil is coming up for the craft and stitching show this weekend! woohoo

Budget $100
wishlist - albums, UK travel themed items (for my grandgirlies), some Bo Bunny Modern Miss papers - there are a couple I just love, camera die, whatever the heck I see I like!

Scrapanda
Governor
Scrapanda
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I have done 61/100 pages for my no buy challenge so far and going strong. I may have to buy adhesive this month so will have to a lot $20 or so for that. Also my SIL is down in the US visiting a friend...Ohio I think...and said she is going to bring me back some cardstock from some place that sells it cheap - so I guess I will have to pay her back for that.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Scrapanda

Hahahhaha! Sonja! Yes me you and Kelly are definitely joint queens of bustville!!

Amanda that's a great challenge to give yourself. I usually make it 5 pages before I need something lol.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Courtney You should just have a CTMH party and get the cart for half price.
Sonja How did you get $30? I won $10.
Tammy don't count the albums, I don't
Amanda stay strong girl. you are doing awesome!

I am still deciding on my budget.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

Tina...I know...unfortunatey i don't think i could do a party...maybe I will try an online one because honestly I couldn't have a house party...hmmmm maybe just maybe that's more I can spend on other scrappy stuff then LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

exactly! or is there a place where you could have it? in our town there is a pizza place with a party room and the nursing home even allows people to use their dining room, some libraries have rooms

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
I have done 61/100 pages for my no buy challenge so far and going strong. I may have to buy adhesive this month so will have to a lot $20 or so for that. Also my SIL is down in the US visiting a friend...Ohio I think...and said she is going to bring me back some cardstock from some place that sells it cheap - so I guess I will have to pay her back for that.

Thanks great I to have been very good at no buying till I use what I have expect for cardstock as its a big part of my scrapping

Edited by julie101 on 03-03-14 07:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to julie101

Me Im in ok so mmm let me see my budget is

$1000

My cameo died so hubby promised me a new one by the end of the month.

Plus I've just found a supplier that sells bulk cardstock at a really great price they sent my samples and it best one I found to cut with my Cricut, but the catch is min order is $500 but at least I wont run out especially now cause our local scrapbooking store has been sold and she has no ideal about scrapbooking and as stopped getting in cardstock she gone more craft like beads and cakes and stuff

Plus I need glue and double sided tape

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

now that I have recovered from the shock of Julie's budget...

I also believe that someone started a loophole that if you buy things for others, then they don't count - a lot of the stuff on my wish list is for gifts for my ella-tives that are coming - that is what we all call each other (my ella's adoptive family came up with it).

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
exactly! or is there a place where you could have it? in our town there is a pizza place with a party room and the nursing home even allows people to use their dining room, some libraries have rooms

It's more of a with the baby and my husband working 6-7 days a week. And our schedules are crazy insane. But I may do an online one I know my hostess does them all the time.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
now that I have recovered from the shock of Julie's budget...

I also believe that someone started a loophole that if you buy things for others, then they don't count - a lot of the stuff on my wish list is for gifts for my ella-tives that are coming - that is what we all call each other (my ella's adoptive family came up with it).

Tammy that was probably Sonja hahaha but yes you don't have to count gifts

Holy budget Julie. How old is your cameo that it broke??? I would be calling the manufacturer

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Courtney, let me know on fb if you are going to have an online party - if you don't mind mailing a couple wee things to me, and I will of course pay you - we don't get Ctmh here

Or Tina too - whomever is willing and able. I can paypal the money.

Thanks ever so much

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake

Now that I have seen Julie's budget I think I can safely enter this challenge but with a more realistic budget for the month knowing I NEVER quit spending even when I don't need a thing!! If I stay out of the stores!!! Oh thats right, BFF's and I are meeting for lunch, on the 14th, in one of the two best towns in the area with scrapbook stores. Then there is that kit..........

My budget will be below $150! Loophole spending!! That was before the new thread was posted! I got two albums this month at M's with their buy one get one free...... I would get more but they don't have the style I want.

http://cdn.scrapbook.com/products/source/SBC_w r-40337-1...

I will have to work on how to add the pictures of product instead of a link.
Think I found it.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Sewflake

Tammy I will definitely let you know!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Sharon, I see the product as well as the link

Sonja is the queen of loopholes lol. But it looks like she may have some competition lol

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics