Username Post: Can you cut glitter paper with thin metal dies..Nesties, qk        (Topic#1594703)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I can't believe I don't know this. I am a glitter paper lover & user. I have always used the sizzix wood dies when cutting them. Plus I thought I read that we shouldn't cut glitter paper in our Cameos. I just found my adorable xmas tree card for next year. I want to start working on them soon.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to anda11

Linda, I've never tried but it might depend on the brand. I have use glitter paper that was almost plastic like in the back and I couldn't hardly cut it. But let me suggest that you contact Spellbinders via their website. I did once and they answered mt question pretty quickly.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to CrimsonMama

hey Vickie, thanks for the reply. Stupid me can just test it right now. most of my paper is doodlebug though.

Edited by anda11 on 03-08-14 03:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to anda11

I have used spellbinders to cut glitter paper with no problems

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to CorrieW

Thanks Corrie, I appreciate it. I am glad to hear this. I haven't chosen my tree yet so I will check them all. lol

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to anda11

I've cut glitter paper with dies and with my Silhouette - didn't realise you weren't supposed to - oops! It didn't seem to cause a problem though.

Scrapjanny
Resident
Scrapjanny
In response to CorrieW

• CorrieW Said:
I have used spellbinders to cut glitter paper with no problems

Me too. I've even cut Fun Foam with them.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Scrapjanny

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. I thought the cameo would..There are things that people do on the Cameo that others had a problem with. Lots of people use their Cricut mats with no problem but I read a couple people who said it messed up their machine. Same with glitter paper..some do but some said it messed up something on the machine so I thought shoot. I don't remember the exact detail cause I saw these on Pinterest or sites about the Cameo that people posted.

Expert
In response to anda11

I've never tried cutting glitter paper on my Cameo (because I never use glitter paper...) but I have heard other people say they had luck, but turned the paper upside down (and then reversed the design) for better cutting.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to HuskerMom98

I had trouble cutting glitter paper with cuttlebug and dies - I had a thicker DCWV glitter cardstock and quickuts snowflake die. bad bad idea. ran it three times, adding extra paper for thicker sandwich, then had to cut by hand the rest... it only indented the paper and not cut through all the way.
I remember thinking that if I ever have to cut again, I'd cut from the back side, so the die is connecting directly to the paper and doesn't have to go through the glitter layer.. give it a try that way maybe?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics